Chapter 16 - Sports festival part III

"Good luck, classmate. Whatever happens, it is a privilege to be up here."

"No need to be so polite, Iida. Our fight starts in literally 5 seconds."

"O-okay then. I will beat you up!"

I burst out laughing, even after the signal went off. He ran towards me at full speed, and I smirked, getting ready to use Hitoshis quirk.

"You sure about that?" I asked him in an attempt to make him talk. He went to grab my arm but I dodged.

Staying close to him, I kept dodging his kicks and punches with ease. Though, it would be hard for me to just throw him out like I did with Kaminari. Iida was stronger. And that's why you need to fucking answer me, Sonic.

I quickly ran to the other side of the stage, holding my hands behind my back innocently and smiled at our class rep. He was panting and I swear he wanted to kill me.

"You know we both specialise in speed, right? Only one of us can be the fastest!" I shouted, trying my best to keep my smirk in.

"What? You're not gonna answer me? That's kinda rude, don't you think?" I asked in a harmless yet mocking tone.

"Forgive me, Mikio. But I need to advance to the next-" and that's when he completely froze and I squeeled out of excitement.

"About time. Please walk out of here now so I can win." and he did, the crowd going crazy for this.

"WHAT IS GOING ON? WHY IS IIDA WALKING OUT?"

"Mikio has an advantage with her quirk, the element of surprise. Her opponents don't know what kinds of quirks she's copied." Aizawa said.

"IIDA IS OUT OF BOUNDS, MIKIO ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!"

I looked up to find Hitoshi in the crowd, blowing a kiss to him which he caught and smiled. I walked towards Iida with a slight smile on my face.

"You deserved to win, I forgot that you could use any quirk so I should've known. But next year I'll be better." he said looking down disappointed.

"I didn't mean what I said, I just wanted you to answer." I put a hand on his shoulder and activated those engines of his on my calf's.

"I may be faster than you, but at the end of the day, you'll get to the finish line first if it's longer distance. I get too tired too quickly, so I have to depend on quirks like yours more."

"Stop. We both know that you can run for days, Mikio."

"And you can run for weeks. Don't even try." I giggled and linked my arm with his and walked up to the class.

- - -

I stretched in the waiting room as I waited for the signal to go off. Suddenly, someone kicked the door open and I turned my head around.

"Hey, Katsuki. Did ya lose?"

"What? OF COURSE I DIDN'T. I said I was gonna win!"

"Then why are you so mad?" I giggled.

"Because you're in here. You irritate me."

"Oh, really?" I stepped closer to him while he kept his eyes on the ceiling and hands in his pockets.

"Is it because you might face me in the finals? You're nervous about it? Afraid I might use your qui-" he grabbed my wrists and turned me around, keeping them in place behind my back.