Chapter 8 - The USJ part II

I didn't have time to react and accepted the fact that I was gonna hit the ground and break my skull. But then I felt ice coming my way, that my body landed on. And suddenly, I was sliding safe and sound to the ground.

What the...

I looked up and saw none other than the red and white haired classmate of mine. He stuck a hand out for me to grab and I took it.

"Thank y- LOOK OUT!" I quickly pushed him aside and hardened my body, punching the villain that was about to attack us.

Todoroki looked at my direction and let out a sigh. He quickly shook it off and had a serious expression on his face.

"Looks like we're in the landslide zone. The villains could be anywhere, let's keep a lookout."

"Yeah, we have to find our way back to the others."

He nodded and we ran forward. We didn't get to run very far before a few villains stood in front of us. He put a hand in front of me as I was about to attack, signalling me not to.

He put his right foot down and instantly froze the villains. His reaction time was flawless, freezing any opponent that wanted to sneak an attack on him.

He's gonna be one of the best some day, I just know it. But he's very serious... And what's up with his hero outfit?

He went up to one of the villains he froze to ask something, probably try to get more information seeing as it was what we needed right now, but was interrupted. My lightning surrounded my whole body as I leapt forward and kicked a villain running to his direction.

This man was huge and even though he was a low life thug like the others, he was still physically a lot stronger than us. Todoroki shot ice at him but he kept breaking free of the blocks that hit him. The others, he just dodged.

His quirk has got to do something with power enhancement. He hasn't showed anything else but is extremely strong. And fast. My lightning won't be enough to shock him.

I ran to Todorokis side and touched his shoulder, copying his quirk. I noticed he only used his right side for it, which meant I had to do the same. He looked at me confused.

"Please protect yourself. I'm gonna deal with him." he nodded in response and I took a deep breath, getting ready to go in super speed.

I ran while covering the villains arms in tape. He couldn't catch me of course, but I needed him to think he could. 

So I slowed down, watching him try and kick me since his arms were taped to his sides, that's when I smirked and got ready for activating two quirks.

My hair stood up and his quirk was gone, visibly becoming smaller muscle wise. He tried to kick me again, but now it was even easier to dodge.

"Not so tough now, huh?" I ran behind him in a second. Then I froze him head to toe, hearing him groan as Todoroki poked his head out from behind some rocks.

Of course some more villains had to show up...

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and forced even more ice out of my body, using every last bit of Todorokis quirk to freeze them all, my breath cold as I plopped down to my knees from feeling the drawbacks.

Todoroki's POV

For a few seconds, her hair stood up similar to the way Aizawas does when he uses his quirk. She used tape to capture him, then froze him and the other villains completely with my quirk. It's clear that she can manifest other peoples quirks, but how?

Whatever her quirk is, this girl is interesting. And definitely strong. She was extremely fast too, does she have another quirk?

I rushed to her side as she was shivering on her knees. It's a lot of ice, even coming from me.

"I'm okay... just feeling some drawbacks..." she said, voice shaky.

I lifted her head and put it on my lap, using my left side to heat her up. She visibly relaxed as I did so, but her skin still felt cold. I gently lifted her up and held her close.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Getting you warm as fast as possible..."

I hugged her while using my quirk and my body's heat to warm her up. After a while I let go, hoping she didn't notice the slight blush starting to form on my cheeks. She gave me a sweet smile, thanking me. But that look disappeared and a determined expression spread across her face.

I don't know why, but it made me more motivated seeing that look on her face. Like it reminded me of why I wanted to be a hero.

"Thank you. Now-" she was quick to blast someone behind me with Bakugo's quirk like it was nothing, she was incredible.

"Let's go." I nodded and went to question the villains.

- - -

Todoroki went back to question the frozen villains and boy was I glad he did that. It would've been embarrassing if he saw the blush spreading across my face.

We found out what the villains were after and didn't waste any time to rush back to the others. We made it just in time as All Might was struggling with this beast looking thing. Izuku was a few meters behind, desperately running towards him to do something.

But of course the purple fog looking guy had to run in front of Izuku and use his quirk. But fortunately, and I never thought I would say this about him, Katsuki was there to save the day, blasting the villains while yelling at Izuku to stay away.

"How stupid must you be to think you'll win this?" I said and they turned their heads to us.

Todoroki gave me a nod as we didn't waste any time to freeze the beast thing who was halfway in a purple warp gate, ready to help out with everything we've got.

"The symbol of peace will not be defeated by delinquents like you." the icy boy said, still having the emotionless look on his face.

But then, the beast suddenly stood up like our attack was nothing. The ice broke and a new arm and leg grew out of its body. We all stood there in shock while All Might told us to stay back.

What? How?

The grey skinned man in front of us explained the beasts power and it seemed to snap us all out of our state. We had to fight together and beat this thing, this "Nomu".

It went after Katsuki and after that, all we heard was a loud crash as dust surrounded us all.

Oh, no! Please don't tell me...

"KACCHAN!" Izuku yelled out, worried that he had been hit.

But we all turned around and saw the ash blonde on the ground, close to us.

Did he move in time? I didn't know Katsuki was this fast.

"Wow, that's awesome! You dodged him." Izuku said as we all looked at our equally shocked classmate.

"Shut up, no I didn't. You damn nerd."

"Then how'd you get over here?" Kirishima asked what we were all thinking.

"Isn't it obvious?" the grey and turquoise eyed boy spoke.

We looked back to the place of the crash and saw All Might there.

Of course.

All Might ordered us not to get involved with the fight but we couldn't help but stay back and watch him.

I don't know for how long the fight went on, but with every hit we almost flew away. I even grabbed onto Kirishima trying to not be taken by the wind.

"GO BEYOND, PLUS ULTRAAAAA!!!"

This is why he's number one.