Chapter 5 - Zella Mikio: Origin

"Please, take a seat." the small mouse-man gestured for me to sit down on the chair in front of his desk.

"Mr Aizawa already told you this but, here at U.A we want to really get to know our students. I can see from your results so far that you ranked top at the entrance exams and on your training first day of school. Very impressive." Lord, don't make him have too high expectations from me now...

"Though, I want to get to know you..." he pushed the papers to the side.

"...So, tell me about yourself. And please, do not feel stressed, this is just to have a better understanding."

Oh, well. Here goes.

"I come from a pretty normal family. There's my mom and little brother, who I live with. Then there's my aunt, uncle and cousins who don't live too far away. I grew up with them around me 24/7."

"How nice. Tell me more about your upbringing." he smiled.

"Well, my aunt and her family used to be our next door neighbours. Though, they moved away. But into that house moved in the Bakugo's. And our families became really close. A short while after, we became close with two other families too, the Shinso's and Midoriya's."

"Is it the same boys that go to U.A now?"

I nodded.

"How wonderful! It must feel good to have close friends with you."

"Yeah, we've known each other basically our entire lives. My parents knew the Shinso's from years before too, so they reconnected." I smiled.

"Is there anything else I should know about your upbringing before we move on?"

"Well..."

I hesitated.

Should I just tell him about my dad? Or maybe he already knows. He must know, he just wants me to be the one to tell him instead of him bringing it up. Sneaky bastard... but he's sweet.

"My father. He's not someone who left us or anything. He was a pro hero, but sadly passed away shortly after my little brother was born, when I was five. He was the best father anyone could ask for." I smiled.

"Ah yes, I thought you looked familiar. You must be the daughter of the infamous Kenshin 'Inazuma' Mikio."

"Correct."

"And what does it mean to be at U.A now, Zella?"

"As someone who wants to not only honour my fathers career as a pro, but also become a great hero to the people myself, it means a lot. And I want to do my best and make people feel safe. Going to U.A is my first step."

"It's like he's living through you." a voice behind me said.

I turned around to see All Might standing there, tall and proud. I stood up in panic and bowed down.

"MR- SIR- ALL MIG-"

"Relax, young Mikio. I'm just human. But you, I can't say the same."

I stood there starstrucked, too distracted by the fact that the number one hero stood in front of me right now.

They're gonna expel me only because of me acting weird. Get your shit together.

"I saw you, at the entrance exam. That speed you went in to save your friend... it was like everything slowed down around you. It was absolutely out of this world."

"I..." Don't freak out. Don't freak out. Don't freak out.

"I truly believe your time here at U.A won't be to waste, young Mikio. Don't tell anyone this but, you're well on your way to become even better than me." he said in a surprisingly calm tone, and flashed me a big smile.