My brothers keeper

I told Isaac the 'truth' about Scarlet which is half the truth because I didn't have time to dig up that past because I was busy teaching Scarlet adjust I even introduced her to my human school friends and Bonnie, they all think she is my Japanese...

I told Isaac the 'truth' about Scarlet which is half the truth because I didn't have time to dig up that past because I was busy teaching Scarlet adjust I even introduced her to my human school friends and Bonnie, they all think she is my Japanese friend who moved with me after her parents separated.

Bonnie keeps bringing up a dinner Elaina is host I really don't want to go but I guess I will have to go to it.

There is something going on in that circle of people Stephen and Elaina are the most suspicious are they dating or not? And Damon is just his demonic self causing trouble with out regard of the consequences, bodies are piling up and pretty soon the Council will be up in arms. No one wants that.

He is almost like my own older brother Klaus Mikaelson  who makes the mess and leaves it to my responsible perfect brother, Elijah, to clean his mess when he is done he got a knife in the heart as payment, a coffin which he would rest until Klaus feels bored enough to release him.

I had first heard the tale of man who travels with coffins who the small vines of communication I had back then.

I searched a for a month and found Klaus in a French built Manor he was definitely eating his cake. I sneaked in after he left to to speak with the king I released Kol, Elijah and Rebekah.

Kol and Bekah decided to paint the town red, excuse my pun. Elijah was fine being away from Klaus for three months by that time we had already moved to Scandinavia where our ancestral home was.

Kol still caused problems but it was to practice magic without powers he tested it on humans he missed his magical powers though he would never say, Rebekah found a man with a refined art of jewelry making and Elijah was already having separation anxiety he had read all the books and scrolls I had.

In the evening we started talking about our lives before the full moon. Before our brother's death. Before our last dinner as humans.
Before  everything. 

The drinks I provided loosened thier tongue.
"I really wanted marry that redhead the one who used to live near Frey' s hut. " Kol said drinking a glass of my wine.

"Oh I remember her..." Rebekah said " what was her name again? I think it was Rabina."

"No, it was Heleana ...I think. She was always so polite and even asked her father to speak to our father for us to attend the harvest dance together. " he said with a childish smile.

"Oh that what happened? Imagine my surprise seeing you participate in a something involving the community. " said with a drunken giggle.

"I remember that, Klaus and I had concluded our little spat ." Elijah reminisced

"Concluded? It was temporarily retreat. Klaus didn't give up that easily I remember him carving something by the river."I said remembering the whole Talia story and the vile names our father called her in my presence sometimes Klaus.

"Oh, really what was it?" Rebekah questioned dragging the 'really' her hands places under her chin.

"I only saw it from afar, it was a headpiece."I said and Elijah raised an eyebrow. " it had some flowers with some colors painted."

"Oooh so romantic. " Kol said sarcastically. " Why is he still a 500-year old bachelor then?"

"He is still clinging on the fact that he is a bastard and mother lied to him." Rebekah said. "Seeing it as the reason he lost many things including Talia."

Elijah looked contemplative.
"Gem... " Kol looked at me. " is it true that you killed a thief by slitting his throat. "

I inwardly flinched " Yes. I used father's dagger. "

"I thought it was all poppycock..." Rebekah yawned.

Elijah was very silent. Later that night he told me he was leaving...

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" I questioned angrily "why can't you just live without going back to him? Stop being his Keeper I suffer from father does that mean you should be stuck by my side forever."

" I witness his pain not yours. I only want him to realize that he has a family that cares for him."

"I will warn you now the path you are taking now will have you lose all your happiness and joy. Where you will die by each other's hands." I said

"You cannot say that Gemin. Klaus would never-" Elijah said in a shocked but I cut him.

"Stab you in the heart? Open your eyes brother! Klaus doesn't need you, he needs a loyal subject that will follow his every word while at the slight word of accusation and hesitation that subject would receive poisoned dagger." I spoke holding his shoulders.

"That what he thinks he needs but that not what he deserves. We are Mikaelson's was don't abandon each other. " he said shaking my hands off him " You would know that if you were around."

I flinched and looked his eyes. "Do not talk about something you know nothing about!" I brushed my hair back with my hands. "You have no knowledge of how hard it is to be Father's favourite. How much you had to be under his control you would have to be. The only sad things is that I never wanted that title, being forced to war, to marry and to die."

"Gemin... I-" he started.

"Stop!" I shouted wiping the tear on my cheek "You can be your own man while being my brother but you are just choosing to be Klaus' s brother. I just hope when your sister looks at you with disappointment you can come up with a reason to why you can't leave him." I turned around walking slowly back.

"I am sorry to disappoint you. " Elijah said.

In my head was the memory of me and Elijah seating in a tree branch eating honey covered bread.

I blinked and looked down to the paper in my hands. It's a picture I took of Elijah and I  think last time I saw him.