☮︎︎𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕜𝔾𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙☮︎︎

𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Today I was going to surprise Y/n with a cooked meal made by me but the only problem is I'm not the best cook- no wait let me rephrase that I'm the worst cook and that is why Y/n cooks all the time.

See me and Y/n don't really eat much for dinner so I thought I would make pizza from scratch, yep and even make the dough. It was currently 5:15pm and Y/n leaves work at 7:00 so I have plenty of time to make 'best pizza' ever because how can you go wrong when you have instructions to read.

I got all the ingredients before hand so no more extra shopping trips.

"So first thing is to double check if I have everything" I say to myself

Ingredients list:
400g plain flour, plus extra to dust✔︎
1x7g sachet fast action dried yeast✔︎
1 tsp fine sea salt✔︎
1 tsp caster sugar✔︎
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle✔︎
1 tbsp cornmeal, polenta or semolina, to roll out✔︎

"Ok so now I know I have everything let's get making and baking" I say making finger guns at the pile of ingredients

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 1
Preheat the oven to the hottest it will go (around 240°C, fan 220°C, gas 9), before starting to make the dough. Put in a couple of pizza stones, or 2 large baking trays, to get really hot.

I walk over to the oven and preheat it to the hottest it can go then placing the 2 largest oven trays we have in the oven like it told me to. I walk back over to my iPad and look at the next step.

𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥 2
Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, then add about 225ml water to bring together as a dough. Tip out onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute, just until smooth. Leave to rest under the upturned bowl while you prepare your pizza toppings.

I grab a big bowl for me to add the ingredients in then I grab a scale to measure the flour. I turn on the scale and put the setting on grams then place the bowl on top of the scale, press the on/zero button so when I add the flour so it just measures the flour and not the bowl.

Boom 400g of flour.

Next I'm going to add the 1 packet of yeast into the flour but not mix it yet since I still need to add the oil and water. Next is the salt and sugar so I grab a teaspoon then fill it up with the sea salt and add it into the flour and yeast. I grab a teaspoon of the caster sugar and place it in the bowl with the other dry ingredients.

Once I have got all the dry ingredients in the bowl I make a little hole in all the ingredients for the oil to be in then I grab the olive oil and a tablespoon then pour 2 tablespoons worth in with the dry ingredients. I check the instructions for the next step which is adding 225ml of water in the bowl.

"Right this is going good so fa- no I don't wanna jinx myself"

After I have added the water I mix for 1 1/2 minutes just for the ingredients to mix. After 1 and a half minutes I clear my counter and sprinkle some flour on it so the dough doesn't stick. I grab the dough and place it on my counter and start to knead for 1 minute until smooooooth.

When the dough is smooth I place it in an upright bowl while I sort out the toppings which isn't much since me and Y/n don't really like much on our pizza. Also by now it's 5:45 so I have just over an hour which is enough time anyway.

I grab the cheese grater out one of our cupboard for the cheese then grab the cheese out the fridge. I also grab a tray so it doesn't I everywhere. Once I'm finished grating I look at step 3.