003

Chapter Three:
Inheritance

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Not to mention, Miss McClay, you're a new student and have already been sent out of class!" The principal shouted at both Reese and Pearl but no one of them looked even remotely interested in what she had to say.

"What do y'all have to say for yourselves?" She crossed her arms as she glared at both of them.

"We sorry." Pearl said shortly which just made the Principal scoff because of the insincerity.

Her eyes then turned to Reese, "Now Reese, I understand that you're going through a lot right now but it doesn't excuse-" She tried to talk but Reese cut her off.

"Don't talk 'bout understanding nun." He said, his voice dripping with venom, "Youon understand shit 'bout me." Reese then stood up and walked out of the office, ignoring the Principal calling his name.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's he going through?" Pearl leaned forwards, quietly asking.

"Mind yo business, little girl." The Principal said which just made Pearl roll her eyes in annoyance before she leaned back in the chair and crossed her arms.

What was going on with him?

-XX-

Reese slumped inside his car, before he lit a blunt and began driving home. He couldn't deal with school right now, everything was still so raw that it felt heavy for him to even move around with the pain he felt. School wasn't a priority right now, it couldn't be even if he wanted it to be.

Sick of these people lookin' at me like I'm a damn orphan. He thought to himself as he got out the car, locked it and walked inside the house.

Reese could hear people talking—including his pops, so he walked to the living room to find his pops with another man. The man was wearing a suit so he must've been a lawyer or something.

"Son, what you doin' home so early?" Keith turned to face his son, he looked drained. The loss was hitting the both of them pretty hard.

"I couldn't do it." Reese said honestly, he slumped on the sofa right next to his pops. His father was the only person that provided him comfort, the only person that he loved that was alive.

"You can stay home for a few days till a week but ion want you not graduating, son." Keith said honestly, Reese nodded and they both turned to the lawyer.