027

Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Crying

Pearl Essence McClay Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Pearl walked beside a silent Kirari, she'd been gloomy since Saturday and wouldn't tell her why. She simply studied, focused on her siblings and shut herself out from social media and so on. Kirari had never been too social, but the little bit of socialising that she used to do had stopped.

Something else that had stopped was Reese and Leighton coming to school. Neither of them had been seen for a whole week and within that disappearance there had been a string of murders. Traps being set on fire with niggas trapped inside, anonymous tips of stash houses to the police and worst of all was that the truce had been called off completely.

Everyone knew Reese and Leighton had something to do with the purging that was happening in Jacksonville; it made Kirari scared as hell. She'd talked to Keith and he'd told her that Reese had left the house while leaving out major details. Major details being the guns, the knives and the pirate cell.

Kirari was slowly losing her mind and this was the exact reason why she'd never wanted to get involved with him in the first place. Reese was unpredictable and Kirari needed stability right now, the finals were coming up quick and she needed to get a scholarship.

Yet she couldn't sleep because she worried that he was dead somewhere and she worried all the time. Reese engulfed her mind that she even struggled to take care of herself. The love she felt for him was so deep that she'd even forgiven him for what he'd done years ago. It was just too deep for it to end.

As they walked side by side, the girls were both in their heads. Kirari was thinking about her studies and Reese's whereabouts whereas Pearl thought of Blanco and how he hadn't contacted her in a while. Another thought ate at Kirari, she was raging but she didn't know how to tell Pearl about Blanco.

"Pearl...you know the guy you've been talking to?" She started softly, from her peripheral vision she watched Pearl carefully before continuing, "Blanco right?"

Pearl nodded with a small smile, she was slowly starting to like him. He was a kind soul, kind of a guardian angel who appeared when she needed him.

"Well, he's not good for you. He's dangerous." Kirari began, "He's a drug dealing liar who uses people like puppets and-" before she could carry on, Pearl cut off.

"So you want him as well, huh?" She stopped as she glared at Kirari.

This was a repeat of what had happened with Reese, she didn't know her friend was this selfish. Why couldn't she just be happy for her?

"You warned me about Reese too, remember? Then you ditched me for him." Pearl scoffed as she looked down at Kirari with a disguted expression.

"I don't want Blanco, if anything I want him dead. That man is the devil, I swear." Kirari desperately tried to explain, she could tell that it wasn't working. Pearl's eyes continued to swirl with rage.

"You want him, I can tell. You just have to have everything." Pearl spat, "Girl ion give a fuck what you got to say." She waved off Kirari before storming off, Pearl was tired of her.

Kirari watched her walk away with a heavy heart, she didn't want Blanco. He'd framed her daddy and killed Kerr, there was no way she'd ever get involved. Pearl was a puppet to him, too bad she didn't listen to her warning.

-XX-

As she walked up her neighbourhood, Pearl saw a car she recognised very well. A Cadillac, a smile grew on her face as she sped up towards it. Pearl peeked inside and saw Blanco sitting down on the seat with a blunt between his lips.

She hid a grin as she opened the door to sit in the passenger's side. Tupac played in the background as they exchanged blunts, each just enjoying the silence. She pondered on whether or not she would tell Blanco about what she'd heard.

"You know, I heard you use people like puppets." Pearl stated as she took a long drag from the blunt before puffing it out, Blanco's head turned whne he heard what she'd said.

"Someone said you was a drug-dealing nigga who used people as puppets and that they wanted you dead." Pearl turned and faced him too, she searched for any reaction or something to show her the truth but she saw nothing.

Blanco reached around and caressed her cheek before he faced forwards and sighed.

"Who is that someone?" He asked softly. This was the moment of truth that revealed whether or not he'd won over Pearl. He already knew who that someone was, it was Kirari but he wanted to see if Pearl trusted him enough go tell him.

"Kirari." She replied hesitantly. Blancco nodded as he fought off a smile, he'd done it. He'd won her over and she'd be a very valuable piece in the game that he was about to play with Reese.

"People always got something to say, but she been hating me since her daddy tried to rat me out to the feds foh 'sum I ain't do, they searched and found me innocent and whole time he'd been the one that was guilty, he just wanted someone to take the heat." Blanco explained, he turned to look Pearl in the eyes as he fed her lies and she ate them up.

"Her brother tried to kill me and my niece but I had to kill him first, you feel me? He coulda hurt ha." He continued further on, excitement bubbled up inside him as he realised that everything he said was taken as the truth.

Pearl sympathised with Blanco, he'd lived a hard life. She couldn't believe that she'd been friends with someone like Kirari, she felt embarrassed but she was finally out. Pearl was out of Kirari's mess.

"Is your niece okay?" She asked worriedly.

Blanco didn't have a niece. He was an only child with no living relatives.

"She's all good, her mama moved to Australia cuh she said this place weren't safe." Blanco continued on and silence soon returned as Pearl digested everything. She felt relieved that she'd cut off Kirari.

Whole time, Kerr was shot on his way to basketball practise because he'd refused to join the BG's and Blanco took that as defiance. Kerr had natural talent in basketball, he had the potential to be scouted and had never once been involved in the streets.

Yet he died like a thug, which was a message to Kirari's family:

Blanco would always be on top.