Epilogue (Part One)

Chapter Fifty:
Dreams came true

Reese Ta'vian JacksonJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

20 years later...

"Hurry yo butts up!" Reese shouted in the house before walking over to Serenity, putting her small shoes on.

His daughter stared at him with her mother's big, doe eyes while he put both her shoes on. When Reese looked at her and kissed her cheek, she giggled as she wiped his kiss off. He mugged her.

"You already gettin' big enough to wipe my kisses off?" Reese asked as he lifted her up, her small, darksin arms holding tightly onto him.

"Daddy, me wanna see TT and Unc Unc." Serenity said to him which made him nod his head.

"We gon' see 'em now." Reese said before he kissed her cheek again making her shout 'No!' while she laughed.

"On my mama grave, if y'all ain't here in 5 seconds I'm gon' drag y'all out with my bare hands." Reese shouted, walking towards the door while he kissed his teeth.

These kids were gonna be the death of him.

Serenity played with her pigtails as she waited for her sisters, she was the only one who looked like both of her parents. She had Kirari's eyes and lips but everything else from skintone to hair was Reese.

"I'm here, daddy." Nova said, she was out of breath because she'd been rushing to get here.

Her daddy wasnt playing when he said he'd drag them out of the house.

Nova was 8 years old, she was their second born and their little athlete. She had her father's skin tone, face but she had Kirari's understanding personality. Reese was grateful that only one of his kids had gotten his personality.

Nova shook her head to make her beads smack against each other while they waited for her older sister. Reese looked at his watch and just before he was about to shout, she walked into the room.

"I'm here, daddy. You'on gotta shout again." Nayinna said while she  puffed out her fro.

Nayinna had her mother's lightskin, her thick lips and big eyes but her attitude stunk as worse as Reese's when he was her age. That's why he cut her some slack at times, she'd picked it up from him.

She stood beside him and she was nearly his height, Niyanni was growing too quickly.

"Y'all ready?" Reese asked as he looked to see if they were all dressed comfortably.