041

Chapter Fourty-One:
Hard News

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"I don't think she wants me to come back, Ky." Pearl groaned while she put her suitcase in the boot of her car.

The sun was shining bright and hard in this afternoon. Kiyeon, Pearl and Mohameed were currently outside the hotel, putting their stuff into Pearl's car.

Sweat trickled down Mohammed's face as he put another one of Pearl's suitcases into her boot. He wiped the sweat with a sigh before drinking a cool bottle of water.

His eyes narrowed as he stared at a frowning Pearl, he sighed once again before smacking her head. She mugged him as she held her head, he simply chuckled at her face.

"That's your grandma, she wants you back." He shrugged at her while Kiyeon nodded in the agreement. "You need to stop frowning, I can't lie."

"He's right, P. You gotta start living yo life again, na." Kiyeon chimed in before opening the passenger door for his sister while Mohameed went into his G-Wagon.

"Thanks." Pearl mumbled while she sat in the passenger's seat and waited for Kiyeon to start driving.

Pearl listened as the engine roared before they pulled out of the driveway. She opened all the windows and enjoyed the cool breeze that flowed into the car as Kiyeon's stupid ass raced Mohameed.

"Y'all gon' kill me before I even get to talk to her." Pearl shouted as she gripped the seat while Kiyeon accelerated even more, trying to overtake Mo.

"You holdin' onto the wrong thing, hold yo weave." Kiyeon joked which made Pearl smack his arm.

"Hold yo damn teeth before I knock 'em out of your mouth." Pearl cussed him before mugging him.

"Your punches feel like the damn wind, you ain't got no business threatening me." Kiyeon kissed his teeth before slowing down, which made Pearl relax slightly.

"You lift weights?" Pearl asked as she looked at her brother.

"Cuh, I been lifting foh years, na." Kiyeon said confidently.

"Pick up a new hobby, lil bro." Pearl shook her head before facing ahead, she chuckled as she listened. Kiyeon smacked his lips but that was all he did.

"It's quiet, ain't no back talk." She said before fixing her hair up.

-XX-

"Bruh, if I gotta drag yo ass out, I will." Kiyeon threatened Pearl once they were parked outside Mama G's house. She wasn't coming out the car.

"What if she still mad?" Pearl asked.

"Man, imma go talk to her. You better start hauling ass." Kiyeon shrugged before walking to the house. He knocked before entering and Pearl sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Mohameed went over to the side of the passenger's seat and bent over to look through the open window. He stared at Pearl for a few seconds before she finally returned the eye contact.

"You and I both know that she isn't angry, you're just moving bare slow cause you're embarrassed." Mohameed explained, still staring intently at Pearl.

"Grandmas aren't gonna be there forever, so get out of this car and go make up with her." Mo instructed before opening the door.

"Pride ain't a good thing to have too much of." He said while he stared at her.

Pearl stared back at him before quietly stepping out of the car. She'd only only met the man but he was reading her like a book, she'd never had anyone understand her so easily.

"Are all British niggas like you?" Pearl asked as they walked up to the house.

"Depends what you think I'm like." Mohameed asked as he slipped his hands into his blue, sagging ripped jeans that he wore with a plain white t-shirt.

Pearl glanced at him before staring at the T on the glimmering chain around his neck. She sighed before walking into the house.

Mohameed simply chuckled. He already knew what she was going to say but because of the boundary he'd set up, she didn't say it.

"Oh baby, I'm so glad you're okay." Mama G cried as she pulled Pearl into a tight hug, a few tears stained Pearl's graphic tee.

"I'm all good, what's wrong?" Pearl pulled away before staring at Mama G, who looked incredibly worried.

"You ain't hear the news?" Mama G asked.

"No, I didn't." Pearl said before sitting down on the couch beside Mama G while Mohameed sat beside Kiyeon across from them.

"Someone shot up Blanco and killed him at his estate, he's getting cremated in a week." Mama G explained.

Pearl listened intently but soon enough the words started to fade. Her heart raced and tears pricked her eyes before she started sobbing. She hated him but he was an important part of her life.

"I know, baby." Mama G rubbed her back while her granbaby cried.

Kiyeon and Mohammed side-eyed each other, they were both thinking the same thing. Someone else had gotten to him before they could. Either way the job was done and that was all he cared about.

Mama G stared at Pearl for a few minutes until she stopped crying. She rubbed her back before something caught her attention.

"Pearl, baby, stand up, let me see something." Mama G asked which made Pearl looked at her confusedly.

She stood up infront of her grandma before staring at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked while her grandma stared at her body.

"Baby, you been eating a lot?"

"Not really." Pearl sighed, she'd been too stressed thinking about everything.

"Mama G, she ain't been eating for a long ass time. She be eating small ass meals." Kiyeon explained, which made Mama G nod her head.

"How you been feeling lately?" She asked Pearl.

"I been a bit dizzy and light-headed but that's it." Pearl admitted before sitting back down.

Kiyeon, Pearl and Mohameed watched as Mama G sighed before she shook her head. A frown found its way to her face before she grabbed Pearl's hands and announced;

"Pearl, I think you pregnant."