024

Chapter Twenty-Four:
Faded

Reese Ta'vian JacksonJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Reneé worked hard for you to leave the street life, you saw what happened to Bico." Leighton spoke to Reese as he sat on his bed, leaning against the wall whereas Reese was sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands on his face.

He'd come straight home after seeing Renee's gravestone and told his cousin the whole story, he felt as if he was the only one who actually cared about his sister. After all the work Reneé had done and how she always minded her business in Jacksonville, she never stepped on anyone's toes but because of him, she couldn't find rest, even in her death. Reese was raging, his insides felt as if they were boiling and his hands shook, he'd always had anger issues especially when it came to family but they'd never gotten to the extent where he wanted to kill people without even knowing their involvement. Just being associated to the set BG and GBG was enough for him to just shoot a nigga up.

"Y'all think I picked this fucking temper off the floor?" Reese turned around as he saw Keith standing at his door with his arms crossed over his chest. Keith and Leighton were trying to convince him against wiping out both sets. "Pops, you know better than anyone that Renee had a temper just as bad as mine." Reese stood up and knelt under his bed to pull out a Jordans shoebox, he placed it on the bed and opened it. Two glocks, a pack of bullets, a zombie knife and a pirate cell; Reese grabbed both glocks and slipped them on both sides of his waistbands before grabbing the zk and tucking it into his right sock then he held the small, light pirate cell in his hand before he tucked it into his pocket.

"I know that but murder ain't gon' do nothin' but put you in jail, son." Keith sighed, he'd been so happy when his son had left that life behind him but looked like he was now going back, to make matters worse, Reneé wasn't even here to calm him down anymore. His heart ached when he'd heard what they'd done to his only daughter's grave but he knew that his own pain wasn't important right now, the most important thing was to stop Reese from killing two whole sets.

"Ion even care." Reese stared right at his father before shrugging his shoulders. He didn't have any dreams, he didn't have anything he wanted to do when he was older. Going to jail was something he'd always prepared himself for, after all he was a black man living in Jacksonville. If he wasn't a victim to the system. he'd become a victim to his own brothers. After making sure he was all ready, he turned around and looked at his cousin with his brows raised.

"You stayin'?" He asked lowly, "Ain't nobody forcing you." Reese mumbled before grabbing a pair of black gloves before he stood in front of his father who blocked the way. Keith frowned as he stared at his son, he'd kept weapons and a pirate cell in his house. That shit was unacceptable but he'd always known that Reese wouldn't fully leave that lifestyle behind him.

"If you do this shit, don't come back. I ain't raise no killer." Keith spoke harshly, his words were laced and anger. He moved out the way before he watched his son storm out with no hesitation.

Leighton stared at his uncle before he got off the bed and looked under the bed to grab his samurai sword, he already carried a glock around but he always felt safer knowing that his samurai was right next to him. Pulling the sheath off, he inspected it before covering it up again and sliding it into the same leg hole as his left leg. You couldn't even see that he had a whole sword. He stared at his uncle sadly for a second.

"They disrespected my blood." He explained shortly before hurrying out and running into Reese's car, he'd already known that Leighton would back him without a doubt, that was how close they were.
-XX-

"Yo Tizzy, call up my niggas and tell em that I'm back in business for a season." Reese smiled as he drove out of the suburbs and drove his car straight to 29th and Chase, where all his targets and his main niggas lived. In other words, Reese rushed to the hood.

"Aight, say no more bruh." Tizzy's deep voice answered before some rustling could be heard and then he hung up. Reese glanced at Leighton who stared back at him, the niggas grinned at each other as they rushed to their destination.

Even though Leighton wasn't really heavy on the gang lifestyle, he was still one of the main shooters for the Kelly Park Crompton Crips before he moved to Jacksonville to support Reese. Leighton gained his name 'Eight' because that's how many knives he had on him at most times. Of course he kept a glock but Leighton preferred to finish off his opps in a more personal and memorable way, he preferred to stab them up close to make sure he was the last thing they saw before they died. Anger ran in the family and it ran deep.

"We gon' chill at the trap for a couple hours and go over a plan 'fore we attack. I'm gon' make sure that none of these niggas make it out alive, they broke code soon as they came after innocents." Reese spoke, he was getting annoyed the more he thought and talked about it. "I'm gon' save Blanco for last. I wanna kill that nigga with my bare hands." His grip on the steering wheel was deadly as his brows furrowed, he no longer looked at Blanco as someone who had saved him.

He saw Blanco as someone who took advantage of broken kids and used the hurt inside of them to his advantage. Reese knew that Blanco was doing that to Pearl...just like he had done to him.

-XX-

It was midnight and stars coated the sky. Kirari sighed as she stared at all the texts that she'd sent Reese. Normally, he replied instantly and he'd done that so consistently that Kirari knew something was wrong the second she realised that ten minutes had passed with no reply. She stared at his contact before moving over to instagram to see if Leighton had posted anything but she saw nothing. Reese's account was also quiet so she just felt confused.

Since Kirari had time to pass, she liked all of Pearl's pictures before she was something that caught her eye. In every picture, a user called B.lanco had liked every picture and curiosity got the best of her so she pressed his account and as soon as his account loaded, she felt her phone slip out of her hands and onto the bed. Her hands began to shake in shock as she stared at the picture, she knew that the name was familiar and she could recognise the conrows and beard from anywhere. Kirari felt her body begin to heat up in rage just as it had done years ago and Pearl was now talking to this man.

Turning her phone off, she went to Kerr's room, no one had changed a thing since he'd died which meant that it was where he said he'd left it. Kirari bent over and reached under his dresser, pulled out a shoebox before opening it and grabbing a .38. She stared at it for a second before putting it back inside and packing everything away. She wasn't a murderer, that had never been her but man did she want to kill him.

If she could, she'd kill Blanco with her bare hands. Too bad she just wasn't built like that.