037

Chapter Thirty-Seven:
Oh brother

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Walking into the shower, Pearl sighed as she felt the hot water kiss her skin. She'd been sleeping for hours and it was finally time to wake up. All her tears were finished; she could confidently say that she had no more tears to cry.

She felt silly because everyone had warned her. They'd all told her that he wasn't good for her, people in school would whisper about her, not in spite, but because they felt pity for her. Pearl had learnt her lesson, she wasn't ever going back to him.

Stepping out of the shower into the foggy bathroom, she wiped the mirror and stared at her self. She was still here, still standing and still beautiful. Of course she was hurt and angry but days had passed of her throwing pity parties for herself.

A man wasn't going to break her, she'd gone through worse.

Pearl brushed her hair, pulled on some baggy jeans with an oversized, graphic tee before slipping her feet into some yeezy slides. She grabbed her phone and walked out of her room, towards the dining area of the hotel.

A small smile graced her face when she realised that most people had already eaten breakfast so she could eat in peace. Pearl grabbed a plate and dished herself some eggs, bacon and toast before sitting down with a sigh.

Her mama used to always say; "God will gives you signs that you need to take time for yourself and when you don't listen to those signs, he'll take that break for you."

Maybe this was all meant to happen. Pearl was tired of leeching from other people, hoping that they'd love and accept her the way she did. She was exhausted so she was going just take time for herself.

God had given her the opportunity, so she was going to use it.

Placing her phone down, Pearl grabbed a fork and began eating the eggs while two men walked into the dining area. They both looked her age as they laughed and joked with one another.

One of the men was a tall, lightskin with tattoos all over his arms and neck. He covered his hair with a blue durag and wore baggy jeans, a blue bandana tied to the belt hook and Jordans. His aura was menacing but he seemed like a clown; killer clown.

His friend was a darkskin nigga who was a bit taller than him. He was wearing a grey, Nike tech with black airforces. Despite being the quite one, he seemed even more intimidating than the lightskin. No tattoos were visible, no grills either...just pure, natural dominance.