039

Chapter Thirty-Nine:
Smells like Teen Anger

Reese Ta'vian JacksonJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"I sin for the sake of progress."

"Aight, we waitin' for you in the car. You goin' in the Toyota." Leighton told Reese before he walked out of the basement and out of the trap.

Tonight was the night Reese would kill Blanco. They'd been tailing him ever since the war broke out, Skept was confident that he'd be walking into his house at the time they'd planned unless someone had tipped him off.

Tonight was the night that Reese would finally say goodbye to his childhood. His teen years that he'd wasted by corrupting his mind with murder, drug trafficking and manipulation. He was finally closing the door to that world.

Reese had always known that he wouldn't fully leave the streets until Blanco was dead but he'd never considered killing him until now.

It was clear that someone had to die. Blanco had groomed Reese to be his heir but Reese wasn't loyal to him any more. Making him a loose end.

And no one likes loose ends.

Pulling on his black mask, Reese cocked his glock before walking up the stairs of the basement and into the trap. He contemplated sipping some lean but he knew that if this was going to get done, he needed 100% concentration. It was just too risky for him to not be sober.

After years of not praying, Reese felt himself make a cross from his forehead to his shoulders and finally raising it to the sky. Tonight was his last day as a murderer, after this he would live life the right way.

He hoped that God would forgive him for his last sin. It wasn't for pleasure. It was for progress and he hoped God would see his intention.

Finally stepping out into the cool Florida breeze, Reese walked into the Toyota with Jalen and Leighton. Jalen started the car before pulling out of the driveway, Skept and R1zla were right behind them as they silently drove.

Each had their own mask on with long-sleeved clothing that covered all their tattoos. After this, they'd burn their clothes and car, the petrol was in the back ready.

"Aight, start driving slow." Reese sighed, he grabbed his glock and watched as the windows rolled down. Leighton, Reese and Skept were getting ready to shoot their target.

The night was quiet and cool, the moon luminated the night faintly. Nothing could be heard but Reese's own breath and the roaring engine of the car. The gun was heavy in his hand but it represented freedom and revenge. It represented the end of a cycle, he hoped that this wouldn't end up with him in jail or dead. He wanted to break this generational curse of gangbanging.