045

Chapter Fourty-Five:
Gang In the House

Kirari JeffersonJacksonville, Florida

Kirari Jefferson
Jacksonville, Florida

'You are the one, everybody else is twos and threes.'

After texting Pearl, inviting her over to Reese's house, Kirari stared at him. She was laid up on the couch with her legs on top of his as he played on the PlayStation with Leighton right beside him.

She sighed as she thought deeply about something that troubled her. While they were in the middle of it all, Kirari saw something on Reese that caught her off guard but she didn't know how to address it.

A tattoo. She thought to herself, and it wasn't a new one either.

Since the house was free, Kirari had invited Pearl because she missed her and also because she was curious to see her new brother. Pearl had told her a lot about him and she'd also talked quite a bit about a 'Mohameed', whom Kirari was very curious to meet because he sounded like a great guy.

"She comin' over with her brother and his friend." Kirari announced to the boys before they both glamced at her.

"Shit, where my gun at bruh?" Reese put the joystick down, lifted her legs and put them on the sofa, before walking over to the kitchen to grab his gun while Leighton checked if his had bullets.

"The hell y'all doin' all that for?" Kirari asked as she sat up, her eyes brows raised up.

"Man these are unknown niggas coming into our crib, we gotta be ready." Leighton explained to her which made Kirari nod her head.

"Sorry, I should've told her to leave 'em at home." She apologised nervously.

"It's aight, we just gotta be careful na." Reese kissed her forehead before walking back to his seat and placing her legs back on to his lap.

"It's all good, sis. Its just dangerous out'chere." Leighton said to Kirari while he settled back into the game.

Kirari stared at him intently, overthinking everything. He had gotten her name permanently on his body. She didn't know what to do or how to bring it up. Hell, he hadn't even told her that he'd done that.

-XX-

After a while, there was a knock at the door. Kirari jumped off the couch to open the door to a smilling Pearl who had a plastic bag full of sweets and snacks.

She was feeling particularly awkward coming into Reese's crib, especially with how all the shit panned out between them but she wanted to bury the hatchet.