016

Chapter Sixteen:
Older Man

Pearl Essence McClay Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Any of y'all seen Kirari?" Pearl slurred as she asked a group of people who shook their heads no. She'd been looking for that girl for a while now and she'd just disappeared, Pearl hoped that she was at least safe wherever she was.

Sighing, Pearl grabbed a bottle of Hennessy before she stumbled outside and chilled on the stairs that led to the inside of the car. Music played loudly in the background as she just swigged the henny while she just let her thoughts fly by. A part of her wishes that her Momma would've been here for her 18th, she definitely would've picked something much more sentimental and given her a small, yet powerful gift.

She missed her momma like hell. Especially on days like this. Standing up, Pearl stumbled over to the road since she was trying to reach her car. Due to the fact that she was under the influence, she failed to see the Cadillac driving right towards her. The lights shined brightly, blinding her slightly and before she could even realise what was going on, the car stopped right in front of her.

Her heart was eating out of control as she just stared at the inside of the car, without even being able to tell who was sitting on the inside. Pearl wasn't shaky or cold, she was just a drunk girl who had an aim which was why she said sorry before continuing to cross the road and reach her car. She pressed the button and the doors were unlocked, Pearl slipped inside the car and sat down. Feeling her heart rate slow back to normal.

Reaching her finger towards the button, Pearl was about to press it until she felt someone else sit on the passenger's seat. Their manly cologne immediately overpowering the vanilla scent in the car, she immediately turned to see the man from before in the graveyard.

"Nigga is you following me?" She asked slurring. Her head turned so quick that a few strands got stuck on her lipgloss.

He simply smiled a bit before he reached over and pulled the strands from her lips before gently tucking them behind her ear. Pearl couldn't help but notice the blinding Rolex on his wrist and the clothes he was wearing. This man was rich and it wasn't lil boy rich, it was millionaire rich.

"Nah, you just be jumping into the road and getting into cars when you not 'posed to." He shrugged, his voice was smooth and deep, it was so rich that Pearl felt herself hanging on every word he'd say. Even if she was white girl wasted.

Everything he said sounded so authoritative and knowledgeable and she just wanted him to tell her what to do, which was weird because she normally hated that.

"Damn that was your Cadillac!" She shouted, her loud voice filling the silent car. "I knew the driver was old, I ain't know he was a pimp though." Pearl continued, normally she'd censor herself but with the alcohol running through her blood, she said everything and anything without giving a damn.

"See you can call me old, but I ain't no damn pimp." He argued back, this time a bit more aggressive and it was taken more seriously. His brows furrowed as he stared at the drunk girl beside him.

Glancing at him, she kissed her teeth before she pressed the button and tried to get out of the parking space but he kept turning the car off.

"Uncle. Grandpa. Someone's bald-headed daddy. Please get the hell out of my car 'fore I lose my shit." She threatened while side-eyeing him, weirdly enough he was just smiling, revealing his gold tooth. His smile was sexy as hell, as much as she hated to admit it.

"All I got in here to say was that yo ass coulda gotten run over and you not supposed to be driving right now." He explained, "so get your ass in the house and go party, then call an Uber."

"Can I call you to pick me up?" Pearl asked as she turned to face him, a shy smile formed on her face. She didn't even know him but a part of her trusted him, or at least wanted to.

"Do my Cadillac look like a damn school bus?" He asked which made Pearl roll her eyes, he matched her energy. Not even...he didn't meet her energy, he shut it down and she'd never found anything so attractive.

"What yo name is?" The man asked as he stood on the road with the door opened, his hands tucked into the pockets of his suit trousers. His dark eyes burned into her as he just continued to stare, a playful twinkle on his eyes.

Her eyes trailed down his body and up, he looked delectable. From his neatly iron trousers to his white, tucked in shirt and his watch. Everything linked together, he was by far the sexiest man she'd ever seen.

"Pearl." She answered, now quietly.

"Blanco." He answers shortly, "Have a nice night." Blanco says before his long legs walked away, feeling Pearl's eyes staring at him as he left.

-XX-

"I should go back, I left my friend on her birthday." Kirari grumbled, Reese was laid on her in the tub and she was just playing with his hair.

Shaking his head, Reese turned his head and looked up to her before turning around. He didn't want her to leave but he knew she had to.

They'd spent the past two hours just talking. About their dreams, hopes for the future and even their fears. Reese even shared a memory about Reneé to her, which he never did to anyone. Without realising it, those tutoring lessons were the bridge that connected them emotionally. Physical attraction was always there but for them, that simply wasn't enough.

It was the jokes, the laughter and the honesty during those lessons that formed their friendship and now their relationship, if it even was one.

Sighing, Reese sat up which gave Kirari the space to get up and step out the tub. His eyes stayed glued on the hickeys on her neck, he normally hated hickeys but since they weren't official yet, he needed a way to tell niggas that she was off limits.

He watched as she walked out the bathroom, one shy glance back before she fully left.

-XX-

"Pearl, how you getting home?" Khalil asked, he was the basketball player that was in charge of the party. Two hours had just gone by and Kirari was no where to be seen.

He wrapped her arm around his shoulder and dragged her outside. Glancing around, he tried to find Kirari but she was no where to be seen and her drunk friend was vulnerable.

To Khalil's surprise, he saw his boss, his Capo, walking over. Blanco would never be spotted within five miles of these parties, yet here he was in a suit.

"Mr Pimp!" Pearl shouted as she looked at him with glossy eyes, she pulled away from Khalil and fell into Blanco's arms. The man simply smiled.

"I'll take her home." He said to Khalil with a nod, before he held her and walked her over to his Cadillac.