014

Chapter Fourteen:
18th Birthday

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Reese and Kirari had gotten into the flow of studying, sometimes they even studied together in school. They went through everything, from maths to English and even history. The progress that Reese was making was shocking and proved that behind that hard, hood facade was an intelligent boy willing to learn and a boy who had the potential to even be valedictorian, had he not made the mistakes he'd made in his past.

Although Reese still regularly got tattoos, smoked weed all the time and was always strapped, he was slowly changing for the better. He'd never change any of those parts about himself but he could feel himself getting kinder. Or at least he was to one person. Manners were now a normal thing when he spoke to Kirari and laughter was something that happened daily.

He was healing.

"What y'all gon' do foh her birthday?" Reese asked as he tapped his pen on Kirari's desk while she laid in bed, texting Pearl. He stared at her through, watching as her thick thighs spread on the bed.

Pearl had turned 18 years old a couple days ago but she fully wanted to celebrate it during the weekend with a full on party. She had booked some House with a DJ which was where the open party was, everyone was invited.

"The party, you coming?" Kirari asked, finally peeling her eyes away from her phone screen and focusing them on the boy who was sprawled on her chair lazily.

Reese simply shrugged. He wasn't really cool like that with Pearl to just be popping up at her party. Truth be told, he wasn't mad at her no mo, they just wasn't like they used to be. His legs opened and closed as he stayed seated, causing his grey sweats to stretch and loosen up.

Today was a Friday afternoon and it was boiling. Reese was wearing grey sweats, a wifebeater, some chains and some Jordan 1s. His outfit was plain and simple but Kirari had to occupy herself with her phone so she wouldn't melt at the sight of him. His tattoos were on display and that just made him drip of sex appeal.

Kirari used to be disgusted by Reese. Now he was sitting in her bedroom for no reason.

"I want you to come." Kirari finally spoke up, her thick, pink lips formed a pout as she stared at him through her long lashes. "It won't hit the same without you."

Fighting off a smile, Reese replied, "Ion know, I thought you hated my ass."  His curious eyes stared at Kirari, waiting for her reaction...and she gave him just that.

Her eyes quickly shifted back to her phone and due to her lightskin, you could see the lightest tint of red in her cheeks. Reese chuckled while watching her, he'd always know that she was anti-Reese, he just never cared enough to do anything or even be affected.