021

Chapter Twenty-One:
I know, I know

Pearl Essence McClay Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Girl you are glowing." Pearl pointed out as she sat beside Kirari while doing a history task.

Lately, Kirari had been glowing. Her smile was brighter, her laughter was infectious and it looked like she floated everywhere she went. Even though things were still hectic with her, overall she just seemed to be in better spirits. Whatever Reese was giving her—it was working , it was working very well.

"Don't watch that." Kirari replied shyly, "Things have just been flowing very smoothly lately." She tucked a strand of her platinum blond hair behind her ear while grinning slightly.

Pearl eyed her, she still wasn't a hundred percent comfortable with talking about them as a couple but she was happy for her friend regardless, this was Kirari's first ever relationship. She didn't want to be the one out here hating on it.

The two girls then went back to their work, chatting quietly but the main focus was their studies. Pearl understood that with Kirari, she always wanted to do above average in her studies. She'd told Pearl about her goals and that she wished to go to an Ivy League School, meaning that she had to work extra hard just to get in.

"What you doing after high school?" Kirari asked randomly, she'd never heard Pearl talk about her goals. Ever.

"Ion really know, I been thinking 'bout going abroad to study." She shrugged, going to a foreign place had always interested her and it wasn't like her dad couldn't afford to fund everything the whole time she'd be there.

"Girl if that's what you want, just do it. Life is too short to be livin' for other people." Kirari replied with a smile, she'd learned something new about her friend today.

-XX-

Pearl sighed when she finally reached home and opened the door. She put her keys on the table near the door before taking off her shoes and walking into the kitchen and towards the living room. Pearl saw a huge basket full of lilies with a note.

Dear Pearl,

We are missing you in NYC. We'll come visit soon.

Love, Dad.

A frown carved on her face as she scrunched up the note before chucking it in the bin. She grabbed the flowers too, which looked expensive and rushed to pick them in her car. Mama G wouldn't let her throw them away so she was going to put them in her car and chuck them elsewhere.

"Sick of his ass." She mumbled as she pulled out of the driveway and drove towards the graveyard. If her dad sent flowers to her, he probably requested that some get placed on her mother's grave too.

Her mama was rolling in her grave.

Ignoring the crying families, she rushed over to her mother's tombstone to find fresh lilies right next to it. Pearl snatched them and turned around in a rush, completely oblivious to who was behind her. She turned around in such a rush that she bumped into someone and was just about to fall when two strong hands grabbed her.

"Your mama dead too?" Pearl asked as she looked up to see Blanco, he looked as handsome as the last time she'd seen him.

Although he was attractive m, she'd never let him know that he had that effect on her. That shy-girl effect because niggas already had their egos boosted by hoes, she wasn't the one.

Blanco chuckled at her question, the way she'd never censor herself amused him. She didn't think about anything that came out of her mouth and somehow that was comforting because it meant that she was always honest.

"Ion know." Blanco shrugged as he walked back while Pearl fought to keep her balance without him.

Oh. She thought as she finally realised what he'd insinuated. He either hadn't seen her in a while or he'd never met her.

"Damn. I'm sorry." She said, "Why you always here though?"

Blanco's eyes trailed around the graveyard with a heavy sigh, his minty breath tingling Pearl's face. She could see the raw emotion in his eyes; but it disappeared as quickly as it came. Now it was masked with amusement.

"Got too many people I know dead." Blanco admitted, "That's what happens when you grown, lil girl." He joked before he mushed her head and stared at her with observant eyes.

Blanco had been with a lot of women in his lifetime but Pearl was a natural beauty to him. From her long, powerful legs and her thick thighs, she was femininity and strength all swirled in one chocolate package. From her uncensored mouth to her loud ass laugh, she was a pleasant, light energy that he wanted to constantly be around.

"Ain't nun little about me, grandpa." Pearl shot back before she looked at the lilies and handed them to Blanco, "Thank you for making my 18th memorable."

Blanco accepted the flowers hesitantly, he'd never been given anything before. This was the first gift or thank you present that he'd gotten in years and the first one was from some high school student.

"You over the lil boy you was crying' about?" Blanco asked as they walked towards the exit, Pearl laughed at his question. She knew that there was no possible way that he was jealous but it still amused her.

He wasn't jealous—right?

"Yeah I'm over him now, don't want no immature boys no mo." Pearl shrugged, she was tired of boys her own age. She didn't know if she was the problem because they acted just fine with the girls they'd end up dating but never with her.

"You hungry?" Blanco asked, not wanting his time with Pearl to end. He tried to convince himself that it was because she was so friendly but her energy wasn't friendly. There was that desire that dripped from every word she said and those glances she'd take, thinking that he wouldn't see them.

There was nothing friendly between them.

"Swear old people always tryna feed you." Pearl mumbled under her breath which made Blanco kiss his teeth as he opened the door to his G-wagon. Clearly about to get in and drive away.

"I'm playing." Pearl smiled before she ran over to the other side and sat on the passenger's seat. "Whatchu getting me?"

Blanco smiled before he got inside the car. He couldn't feel the eyes watching his every move a while away.

M

They be meeting in the graveyard.

Which grave was he at?

Your sister's.

-xx-

Inconsistent due to exams💔