011

Chapter Eleven:
Elephant in the Room

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

After scoring the last shot and watching it fall through the hoop, Reese felt happiness bubble up inside him as he wiped off the sweat from his forehead using his t-shirt. He shook hands with a few players, including Marquis before walking off with his pops and Leighton.

"Yo, I gotta go start my tutoring at Kirari house." Reese said to the two men while they stood in front of his dad's car.

Leighton and Keith both looked shocked, they'd heard him talking about tutoring but they'd never actually expected him to go through with it. It was very unlike him but in a good way, this was a positive change.

"Alright boy, make sure you don't come home too late." Keith patted his son's shoulder before slipping into the driver's seat. He was panting a bit since this was the first time in a while that he'd played basketball.

"Make sure all y'all doin is studying." Leighton joked, dapping Reese up before sitting in the passenger's seat. Reese ignored his cousin's comment and watched as they drove away.

Looking around the area, Reese sighed before walking over to his own car. He stared at the sky through the car screen and just enjoyed a moment of silence. Before he pressed the button, which started the engine and began driving to the hood: where Kirari resided.

-XX-

"You on time, that's surprising." Kirari said as she held the door, she looked at him up and down before she moved out the way and let him walk inside.

Kirari was wearing some loose white joggers, a white vest with no bra and some slides. Her hair was now her natural hair that was cut very short and dyed blond. She always looked different each day, but she never failed to look stunning. Reese also admitted to himself that she was incredibly attractive.

"Where we gon' study?" Reese asked until he heard two little boys run down the stairs and push past him while screaming. Kirari's house was always loud, active and a mess.

She did have 7 siblings, her being the 3rd born.

"Let's go up to my room." She said, she slipped in front of him and walked up the stairs. Reese sighed when they reached her room and she shut the door after he walked in.

Kirari's room was a good mixture between baby pink, white and a soft grey. Her mat was furry, plants were all over her windowsill and she even had incense on her desk that was filled with all types of old books like Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby and Great Expectations.