047

Chapter Fourty-Seven:
Step back

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

'Never had much faith in love or miracles'

For the next couple of days, Pearl had managed to build up a boundary that was even stronger and less tolerant than Mohammed. A part of her had hoped that he had kept his boundary up because she was his best friend's sister but after what Kiyeon said, it was clear that he just wasn't that attracted to her.

He probably saw her as a knocked up baby mother, with a dead and dead beat baby father. All he felt for her was most likely pity and Pearl didn't need that, she needed to toughen herself up again.

Although her stomach was flat, she still caught herself cradling it protectively, she instinctively put the baby first at all times. As of right now, Pearl was laying in bed while rubbing her stomach.

Kiyeon and Mohammed were in the living room while Mama G cooked her some breakfast, she'd been spoiling Pearl ever since the revelation of her pregnancy.

"Oh shit!" Pearl shouted before she shot up from the bed, ran out her room and to the closest bathroom. Her hand covered her mouth as she tried to keep the bile in while she ran.

When she finally reached the toilet, she crouched down and began throwing up. She felt someone hold her hair up for her and she would've let them continue to until she realised who they were. Pearl knew that velvety cologne from anywhere, she'd hugged him enough times to be able to even describe the scent.

"I'm good." She grumbled before slightly pushing his hand away and holding her own hair.

Mama G was still cooking because she knew that morning sickness was something Pearl could handle while Kiyeon stood rubbing her back to try and make her feel better. She wiped her mouth, flushed the toilet and then washed her hands.

"Yo, you all good?" Kiyeon asked her while she gurgled the mouthwash, she hated throwing up with a burning passion.

After spitting out, Pearl replied, "Yeah, I'm all good. Shit just took me by surprise that's all."

"Aight." Kiyeon patted her back before he walked out the bathroom, however, one person stayed behind.

While Pearl tried to fix her hair, she caught a reflection of Mohameed staring at her on the mirror. Glancing back, she looked him before he just walked out of the bathroom, a somewhat sombre expression painting his face.

She sighed before leaving the bathroom and following them to the living room which smelt disgusting, the urge to throw up rose once again.