049

Chapter Fourty-Nine:
Happiness

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Five Months Later...

Pearl waddled out of her bed and to the bathroom, she felt as if this baby was sitting on her bladder. A sigh of relief escaped her lips while she used the toilet, ignoring the fact that Mohameed was staring at her.

"You mind?" Pearl asked, her eyes still closed. She'd been holding it in for so long because she was just too lazy to get out of bed.

"Just tryna make sure you okay." Mohameed yawned before moving out of the way of the bathroom, letting Pearl walk out after flushing and washing her hands.

"Baby, I ain't gonna trip and die on my way to the bathroom. You'on gotta watch me all the time." Pearl sighed as she slipped into bed, feeling Mohameed slip inside too because the bed dipped.

His arms snaked around Pearl, he rubbed her much bigger stomach while he kissed her cheeks and jaw. Mohameed constantly worried about her which was why he tended to follow her around, just to make sure she and the baby were safe.

He was overprotective.

Mohameed was like a little puppy that followed Pearl around and barked at anyone who came near her. She didn't hate it, it made her feel secure and cared for but she did feel that it was a hassle for him sometimes.

"Ion want nun' happening to you or my son." Mohameed grumbled in her ear, making tingles run down her spine, even though they were both falling asleep.

My son. Pearl let a small smile grace her face. Every time Mohameed would say that, she'd feel butterflies in her stomach.

She didnt know whether Jelani was kicking because he loved his daddy or if it was her own emotions.

"Yo son killing me over here." Pearl groaned as she felt Jelani kick, he always decided to kick her in the middle of the night.

"He kickin' again, Mo. Put yo hand and calm him down." Pearl laid on her back and pulled the covers down before pleading with Mohameed.

Pulling himself up, Mohameed started kissing Pearl's stomach before he started rubbing it gently. Meeting some of Jelani's kicks, which eventually sped up before he calmed down.

"He so energetic." Mo smiled, staring at his son's foot as it appeared on Pearl's stomach.

As Pearl listened to him mumble, "Ahsan, you gotta let yo mommy sleep."