First Day Of Back To School

Gatortown, Delaware

Gatortown High School

Denise was a Sophomore at Gatortown High. It was the first day of school, and she entered the building, and was greeted by a packed hallway, where the lockers were. The sounds of students chattering, filled the entire hallway. Denise saw her friends Max, Shawn, Colin, and Megan. They were glad to see her. And, she was glad to see them. She got a locker assigned to her, and she opened her locker, and put her stuff in.

Denise was in Math. She was doing Algebra. Her stomach started to growl. It would be almost time for lunch. On the menu, was hamburgers and fries. She was hoping it would be cheeseburgers on the menu. But, no such luck.

It was now lunchtime, and Denise was in line into the cafeteria. She got her tray with hamburger and fries. She got some ketchup. And a carton of chocolate milk. She sat down with her buddies. They told some jokes, and laughed. Denise ate her hamburger, and drank her milk. Lunchtime was now over, and Denise went to Study Hall.

Eventually, school ended for the day, and Denise got on the bus to go home. She would be glad to be home, after such long day at school. The 2021-2022 academic school year got off to a brilliant start.

This story was written on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021.

A/N Wow! Denise seemed to have good first day back to school!! At least she hung out with her buddies at lunch!! Gatortown is a fictional town in Delaware, near Dover, and the high school is fictional, too. That's the beauty of writing! Making things up! 😁 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.