Karma Doesn't Mess Around

Angela: It was only a joke. Nothing wrong with joking about dying of a heart attack. I meant no harm.

Frank: *overheard what she said* Unbelievable.

Angela: *gets a call from her mother*

Frank: She is so insensitive. I wonder how ironic it would be, if someone close to her died, after joking about dying of a heart attack?

Angela: *upset after talking to her mother*

Frank: What happened? Why the sad face?

Angela: My cousin died. *sad*

Frank: Sorry for your loss. But, you know something? You joked about dying of a heart attack, and all of a sudden, someone in your family passed away! I find that so ironic!

Angela: I can't believe my cousin is gone! *nearing tears*

Frank: Karma doesn't play around, Angela! This is what happens when you joke about death! Don't you feel right foolish? Huh?

Angela: *starts crying*

Frank: It doesn't feel so good, does it, Angela?

Angela: *choked sobs* No!

Frank: Mind if I asked how your cousin died?

Angela: *trying to speak*

Frank: Take your time.

Angela: Heart attack! *bursts out crying*

Frank: Ah, see? See? Karma! Sorry for the tough love, but this is what happens!

Angela: *sobbing hysterically* STOP IT!!!!!!

Frank: Its true, Angela! Think, next time!

Me: Karma means business!

Nk_works: Agreed!

Angela: *still sobbing hysterically*

Frank: What was your cousin's name? And, how old was she?

Angela: *choked sobs* Frederica, and she was 48!

Frank: Beautiful Italian name, if I do say so myself. May she rest in peace, and be granted entry into Heaven.

Nk_works: Amen.

Angela: *sobbing uncontrollably* Why did she have to die before her birthday, tomorrow! WHY?!!!!!! *screaming at the top of her lungs, and cries hysterically again*

SkittishReflections: Angela, why don't you go on home? You need some time to grieve.

Angela: *leaves the apartment, still sobbing hysterically*

SkittishReflections: I'll get her a sympathy card.

This story was written on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021.

A/N Karma can be so cruel!! That's just the way it is!! RIP Frederica! 1972-2021 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.