Totally Messed Up!

Raquel was throwing away all of her writing journals. Her father didn't like the idea of her being a writer, and said she was wasting her time. That stung so much. Tears were streaming down her face. All of the stories she wrote, were now wasted.

Her friend, Earl, came by and noticed that she was crying. "Raquel, what's wrong?" he asked.

"My father said I will never amount to anything as a writer!" sobbed Raquel. "He said, I am wasting my time!"

"Whoa, hold up! He said that? Is that why you're throwing all those writing journals away? With all those stories?"

"Yeah," sniffed Raquel.

"Unbelievable!" barked Earl. "You worked so hard on those stories! I loved them!"

"Sweetie, why did you throw away your stories?" asked her mother, walking outside.

"Dad said I am never gonna be a writer, and that I am wasting my time. He said my stories were stupid, and told me to throw all of my stories away."

"I am gonna have a word with him, right now!" barked her mother. And, she stormed back into the house, to tell off her father.

"Don't listen to your father," said Earl. "You're a good writer, and you write such amazing stories! Pay him no mind!"

"Thanks, Earl!" said Raquel, smiling. And, they both heard her mother yelling at her father, for all those rude comments.

This story was written on Saturday, September 18th, 2021.

A/N Honestly! What kind of father is he? Telling his own daughter, that her stories are stupid? And, telling her to throw her stories away?! The nerve of him!! Raquel worked so hard on her stories! Writing is a gift! God gave her that gift! Some parents telling their own children, they will never amount to anything as a writer! What a bunch of baloney! Writing is a talent! A gift! Not many people have that gift! I love to write! I'm blessed with the gift that God gave me! I will always cherish my writing! Raquel will get more writing journals, and keep following her dreams, and pay her father no mind! Keep your head up, girl! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.