Thunderstorm During School Hours

Anderson Township, New Jersey

Thomas Edison High School

Justin was in his English class. He was sitting down at his desk. More students filed in. Then, Mrs. Nash, walked into the room. A big clap of thunder, shook the school. Justin jumped from his desk, cowering in the corner.

"Justin, please return to your seat!" demanded Mrs. Nash.

"It's thundering out!" stammered Justin, his body shaking.

"I don't care, just sit back down!" said Mrs. Nash.

"Looks like its gonna be a big one!" said Laurie, looking out the window, at the angry looking sky. A lightning bolts was seen, followed by a loud crash of thunder. Everyone in Mrs. Nash's class screamed and some even hid under their desks.

"Everyone, just ignore the storm!" demanded Mrs. Nash. "We got a big quiz, tomorrow, and it's important that everyone study!"

"How can we study, with all of that noise?" scoffed Bryant.

"We can't concentrate!" protested Sterling.

"And, why does it have to thunder, when we're in school?" asked Dana.

"Silence!" hissed Mrs. Nash. Let Mother Nature do her work, and we'll do ours!" Another loud thunderclap rattled the school. It was turning out to be a stormy day, during school hours. Everyone tried their best to tune out the thunderstorm to no avail.

It wasn't until the end of the school day, when the storm finally passed on by.

This story was written on Tuesday, September 28th, 2021.

A/N It's a pretty frightening situation, when thunderstorms occur during school hours!!! I would probably hide in the boys locker room, where there are no windows!! 😰😰😱😱 🌩🌩 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.