Steven Can't Take Constructive Criticism

Steven: *writing a story*

Phyllis: Writing a story, I see?

Steven: Yes! Can you please read this, and give me your honest feedback?

Phyllis: I sure can! *reads it*

Steven: *awaiting her feedback*

Phyllis: Okay, I am gonna just say this. You have a lot of spelling errors, and everyone is all jumbled together into one big paragraph.

Steven: So?

Phyllis: You need to separate these paragraphs. And, put the quotation marks, when your character is speaking. And, why is Jillian a rude girl? What causes her to act that way? You need to provide a backstory.

Steven: I tried my best!

Phyllis: What the readers want is to know more about her personality. And, you didn't even provide a plot line. All you wrote was that Jillian was rude, and was pushing everyone aside at the park. Where is the plot?

Steven: I tried the best I could! Why are you telling me this?

Phyllis: Hey, you wanted me to offer you feedback, and you're getting it, in a blunt kind of way! Stop acting so butthurt about it. And, if you think I am being rude, I'm not. I'm just offering you some constructive criticism.

Steven: Listen, I worked so hard on this story, and you're being totally rude!

Phyllis: I don't see a plot line, Steven! What does Jillian want? Does she even have a goal in mind? Is she the protagonist, or antagonist? You need to come up with a plot, Steven. The idea of a good story, is creating a plot. This is basically a story that was written by a kid, that misspelled everything. And, your character, Jillian, is one sided.

Steven: Don't read anymore of my stories, if you're gonna be rude! I asked for feedback, and you have to be all rude about it! I worked so darn hard on this masterpiece!

Phyllis: I did give you feedback, and I wasn't being rude! I was just offering you some constructive criticism! It's what helps you grow as a writer! Stephen King had some constructive criticism towards him, and he didn't get so butthurt about it! Every writer goes through that! What you should do is edit and tweak it! Add a plot line, and give Jillian a goal, and how she goes about achieving it! That's what makes a good story! Don't bother asking me for anymore feedback, if you want to act like I hurt your feelings, which I didn't! I was just trying to be polite!

Steven: My work, and I don't see anything wrong with it! It's my baby!

Phyllis: Steven! You know what? Forget it! You're on your own! When you're ready to act more mature, and be more serious about your work needing some critique, let me know! I'm done! Good day! *walks outside to take a walk*

Steven: The nerve of her! She was so rude!

-loservibes-: She wasn't being rude, Steven! She was offering constructive criticism!

Me: Exactly! All she was doing, was telling you what you needed to do, to make this a better storyline, and you snapped at her!

SkittishReflections: Facts, my friends! You got all defensive! Constructive criticism is what helps you grow as a writer, Steven! You didn't have to flip out like that!

Steven: No one insults me as a writer! No one! *angry*

SkittishReflections: Whatever, Steven. Whatever.

This story was written on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021.

A/N Steven, you asked for feedback, and now you get all defensive? Unbelievable! If you can't take constructive criticism, then don't ask for feedback! Simple as that! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.