One

Wooyoung sighed for the thousandth time today, as he reached for the curtain to look out of the tiny window of the moving carriage. Chill breeze rushed inside the space, ruffling the prince's ebony coloured hair.

Wooyoung peeked outside the window.

"How much more do I have to sit in this cramped space?" He said, gritting his teeth in annoyance. They had been going on for a fortnight, Wooyoung's muscles were cramped, asking for any kind of movement.

His personal guard and best friend, Yeosang sighed. He turned to look at the prince. "If we keep going on at this speed, then we should be able to reach the castle by dawn, Your Highness."

Wooyoung groaned, drawing the curtains harshly and running a hand through his locks, not caring if he messed up the hardwork of his stylist.

He was about to get married to a complete stranger and he wasn't allowed to protest or else his kingdom would have to face the deadly consequence. The thought of spending the rest of his life with an unknown person, terrified Wooyoung to his core. He didn't even know what his future spouse looked like. The only information he had captured was the Crown prince's name.

Choi San.

An indescribable feeling of malice crawled up to his heart. He didn't even know the man and he already loathed the prince for ruining his life. Tears pricked his eyes, threatening to flow but he held them at bay. Like he was taught. He was taught to not show any emotions whatsoever . He was trained to keep his face like a blank canvas and was told that showing his tears was a sign of weakness. So he did. He dabbed his wet eyes with his sleeve and leaned against the window, dreading the arrival of his doom.

~

Wooyoung was jolted awake by the carriage coming to a sudden hault. He rubbed his eyes, as the sunrays of early morning spilled through the translucent curtain. He heard hushed murmurs coming from outside. Just as he was about to inquire, the door of the carriage opened, revealing Yeosang.

"We have arrived at the Capital city of Malvolia, Your Highness." He bowed and extended his hand to Wooyoung, who rolled his eyes and stepped out of the suffocating space. His muscles protested at the sudden movement, causing Wooyoung to wince lightly. He squinted at the sudden exposure to the morning sun.

Wooyoung looked around and a gasp escaped his lips. A beautiful garden was stretched across the horizon, it was an immense oasis with a variety of flowers, trees and bushes. The birds chirped in harmony creating a soothing melody which filled the entire field. He was so mesmerized by the beauty around his that he almost did not notice the magneficent castle standing proudly amidst the lush grass.

Another shocked gasp made its way on to lips as he stared at the immensely huge castle in front of him. The castle walls were high up there, made up of various precious stones and it's looming pillars created a shadow on the garden beneath it. It was definitely bigger than his kingdom's palace.

"Your Highness," Yeosang whispered. He turned to look at him, who motioned for him to start walking towards the castle gates. Wooyoung gulped but nodded nonetheless. His stomach twisted painfully and it was now when the full realisation hit him. He was about to meet his future husband. Wooyoung internally grimaced at the husband.

Nevertheless, he held his head high and clasped his hand behind his back and sauntered to the humungous gates, like the true royal he was. He wouldn't let them see how nervous he felt right now.

He couldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing him so weak. Two guards walked right behind and Yeosang walked beside him, wearing a blank mask, which mirrored Wooyoung's impassive facade.

As he neared the entrance, he spotted the Emperor, with his wife and a few guards standing in front of the gates. Wooyoung took a deep breath.

"Welcome to Ellesmere, Prince Wooyoung."
The emperor spoke, eyes boring into the young prince, voice devoid of any emotion.
Wooyoung felt uneasy and his anxiety reached the roof. His hands were sweaty and his heart beat uncomfortably in his chest.

Wooyoung did his best to hold the emperor's gaze and kneeled down on one knee, fist held against his chest.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty."

"Oh please stand on your feet, there is no need for the formality. You're are going to be a part of the family afterall." He heard the Empress say above him.

Wooyoung slowly lifted himself from the kneeling position and gave her a tight-lipped smile.

Family. Wooyoung almost scoffed in front of everyone.

The lady stepped forward a engulfed him in a hug, which threw Wooyoung off-guard. He stiffened, not sure how to respond to the sudden physical touch. He ever so carefully wrapped his arms around her lightly, barely touching her.

She pulled away and smiled widely, her eyes almost disappearing into thin lines.

"Oh, such a beauty you are, Jung Wooyoung."

To say Wooyoung was shocked would be an understatement of the century. He didn't know what he was expecting but it was definitely wasn't this.

Given, that the two kingdoms have been mortal enemies since as long as he could remember, this act of affection confused but also scared him more. He couldn't tell if she was being genuine or was plotting creative ways to make him suffer.

He gave her a small smile and glanced at the Emperor who looked impassive as ever.

Then the other figure stepped forward and Wooyoung's breath caught in his throat.

"This is San, the crown prince and our only child."

Choi San, the future king and his future spouse, was every bit as beautiful as the stories said. He had carmine hair and eyes as cold as ice, which gazed into Wooyoung so deeply that he almost tripped backwards in his step. His hair was long reaching till his neck, which was pulled back into a ponytail with a few strands falling on the side of his face gracefully, accentuating his sharp features. His left ear held a long silver earring.

Wooyoung snapped out of his trance and bowed, eyes never leaving the other's face. San returned the gesture with his own bow to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung could clearly see the hostility swimming in San's eyes as he glared at him. His jaw was clenched and his hands were balled into fists. Wooyoung had to physically restrain himself from rolling his eyes at the Crown prince.

"Welcome to Malvolia, Jung Wooyoung."

🥀

The picture above his how San's hair looks in this story but longer.