Two

"You must be exhausted from the long journey."

"Please, escort the Prince to his chambers." The Emperor commanded and a tall guard, with dark hair stepped forward from behind the Emperor and bowed to Wooyoung who returned the gesture.

"I shall be your guide for today, Your Highness." He said politely. "Kindly, follow me."

Wooyoung nodded, turning to glance at Yeosang briefly and followed the tall guard. As he passed The crown prince, he caught him scowling at Wooyoung, who proceeded to smile sweetly. San scoffed, clearly annoyed. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and continued walking.

If he thought that the Castle was huge from the outside, he was absolutely blown away by the interior. The hallways were too wide, the ceilings too high and the windows too large. The walls were a deep shade of crimson and there were golden-lined engravings etched into the walls and ceilings. Three enormous chandeliers hung from the ceiling, illuminating the long hallway in a luminous, golden glow.

At the end of the lengthy hallway, the guard stopped in front of a room. He fished out the keys from his pocket and unlocked the room with a click.

Wooyoung entered the chamber. His eyes widened at the size of the room. It was bigger and more spacious than his chambers back in Arcelia.

A king sized bed was placed in the middle of the room, covered with navy blue comforter and black pillows. There was a bookshelf located adjacent to the bed which contained books of all sizes and kinds. He saw that his luggage was already placed near the shelf. The walls were painted in ash color, bathing the room in a mystifying ambience.

"Your Highness, this is where you shall be residing until the wedding." The guard voiced. Wooyoung grimaced on hearing the word wedding. He turned to look at Yeosang who gave him a subtle smirk.

"Thank you so much. You may take a leave. I would like to be alone with my guard."

"Of course," He deeply bowed. "If you may require anything, kindly let the guards know, who are stationed outside."

Wooyoung nodded and the guard bowed one last time before exiting the room, closing the door behind him.

Wooyoung let out a long, tired sigh and plopped down on the luxurious bed, humming in satisfaction when his body hit the soft mattress. He was tired of maintaining is image and his cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

Yeosang looked at the prince with an amused smile on his lips. "You seem tired, Your Highness." He said, almost in a mocking tone.

Wooyoung lifted his head to glare at the blond haired male. "Well, obviously." He deadpanned. "My body hurts from sitting in that cramped cage for a fortnight.

"I am going to take quick nap." Wooyoung said, already feeling his eyes heavy. It was still early in the morning, the birds were chirping in the distance. He was unable to get proper sleep during the journey and was extremely tired.

"Suit yourself."

~

San pulled his hair in frustration.

He felt lost.

He was clueless. He didn't know what to do. He was going to get married to a stranger while his heart belonged to someone else.

San was furious when he was informed of the news of the wedding. How could his father make such a rash decision without consulting him. His father of course didn't pay heed to his son's protests.

He only cared for his empire and nothing else. San even tried talking to his mom. But even as the empress, she didn't have any right to go against her husband's decision.

The enmity of the Ellesmere empire and The Kingdom of Amaris has been going on for centuries, the reason behind this was well known. Every person, from a kid to an elderly knew the infamous tale of the two monarchs. Ellesmere Empire was the biggest empire in the world with over 75 kingdoms and provinces under it's reign. Not once have they lost to any kingdom, well, except Amaris.

The Kingdom of Amaris, though not as big as Ellesmere, was very powerful. So much that, Ellesmere has been trying conquer this kingdom since ages and never once succeeded. This lead to rise of animosity and hostility between the two, which aggravated the people of the kingdoms. The constant war brought nothing but destruction and despair to their lands and lives.

Noticing this, San himself had suggested to form an alliance with Amaris, not expecting his father to tackle this issue in such a way.

San wished he had not spoken of this matter.

A knock on the door snapped him from his remorseful thoughts.

"Come in." He said absent-mindedly not bothering to show any etiquettes right now.

He heard the door open and close. He didn't turn around to greet whoever was in the room. "What do you want?" He muttered, his face in his pillow.

"Your Highness." The sweet voice said.

San whipped his head towards the person and his entire world lit up as he smiled widely.

"Yoohyeon," San exclaimed, opening his arms. The servant giggled and ran into the Crown prince's embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck and nuzzling her face in his chest.

San chuckled, patting her hair and gazed at her lovingly.

"What are you doing here?"

Yoohyeon frowned. "Why? you do not wish to see me?" She said, a pout forming on her lips.

San playfully rolled his eyes at the girl. "You know that is not what I meant." He leaned in to peck her nose.

Yoohyeon scrunched her nose, a blush forming on her cheeks. "Her Majesty has requested your presence in the dining hall. It is lunch time." She informed, tucking the crimson strand behind his ear.

San sighed loosening his grip on her and sat on the bed. Yoohyeon brows furrowed as she went and sat next to the crown prince. She placed a hand on his thigh rubbing soothing circles.

"Is everything alright?"

"Do you know about...the wedding that is going to happen?" He started hesitantly, unable to look at her.

Yoohyeon's chest constricted painfully. She nodded, unable to say anything. Of course she had heard about the news. It was spreading like wildfire across the kingdom. Many people were not happy with the sudden decision, while the others were quite excited to see the Crown prince's spouse.

"I am sorry, love" San muttered, head hung low.

Yoohyeon just wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his shoulders. "It is most definitely not your fault, Your Highness You did not have any choice. You do not have to apologize."

San curled his hand into a fist, feeling so helpless and vulnerable. He was going to be betrothed to someone who is not Yoohyeon, and he couldn't do anything about it.

"We were not meant to happen anyway. I am just a servant, remember?" She whispered, interwining her hands with San.

Those words hurt him but it was the truth. His anger skyrocketed, when a certain ebony haired male popped up in his vision. He gritted his teeth. It was all because of him. He had to break up with his lover to be with him.

I will make your life a living hell, Jung Wooyoung.

🥀

Yoohyeon and San straight era😔✊

I have never cringed this much in my entire life bye