Nineteen

Wooyoung opened his eyes slowly but squeezed them shut instantly as the morning light almost blinded him. He covered his mouth as a yawn escaped his lips.

Wooyoung sat up and looked beside him to find the side empty. He got up and headed to the the joint bathroom in the chamber. One look at the mirror and his face twisted in a grimace. He looked like a royal shit.

Had he been crying the previous night? Frankly he couldn't recall anything. His mind was too muddled for him to remember how he even managed to get safely back to their room.

The only vivid picture he could see was that of San kissing the living soul out of Yoojin. Or was it Yoohyeon? Whatever it was, the mere memory was enough to make him want to throw up all over.

He quickly brushed his teeth and splashed his face with cold water to get rid of the fatigue.

He stepped out of the bathroom and almost as if on cue San walked in the chamber.

Their eyes met and Wooyoung could feel his breathing become erratic. His cheeks felt warm all of a sudden as the taller just maintained the eye contact with no emotion whatsoever.

The little moment was broken by a timid knock on the door and Wooyoung finally realized that they were not alone in the room.

Standing beside the large door was Soobin, the tall guard. He looked between them awkwardly.

"I-I am sorry for uh interrupting." He mumbled. The words flowed out of his mouth in a hurried manner.
"I just wanted to convey that His Majesty has asked Your Highnesses to get dressed as soon as possible and meet outside."

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. He looked at San and of course he couldn't be bothered enough to explain.

"Why, may I ask?" He questioned politely.

"Oh well as you might be well aware, His Majesty's birthday is coming up in a week-"

No, Wooyoung was indeed not aware.

"-he wishes Your Highnesses to go to the esteemed seamstress in the town to get your attire made for the occasion." He explained.

Wooyoung nodded slowly.

"I'll be waiting at the gates," the guard said and left the room.

Wooyoung turned around without sparing the prince a second glance and walked away.

*

The town buzzed with people as they went on with their day. Stalls and shops covered every inch of the street and kids ran between the legs of their guardians, giggling as they did so.

Wooyoung looked out from his window in amazement. The carriage came to an abrupt stop and the guard motioned the princes to step out.

The afternoon sun glared at him as he squinted his eyes just enough to glance around the street. People immediately swarmed around the Royal couple, whispering about how 'beautiful they looked together'. Wooyoung glanced at San who just kept staring right ahead with no expression whatsoever. Wooyoung resisted the urge to roll his eyes and turned his attention back to the eager citizens.

He gave them a small smile and waved slowly before taking one last look at San.

When he saw that San still had no intention of talking to anyone, Wooyoung gestured the guards to escort the way to the seamstress's place. The guards nodded and pushed through the crowd to make way for the young princes to walk.