Eleven

As days passed, Wooyoung grew more and more anxious.

He had never killed someone and he wasn't sure if he could fulfill his father's order.

Although his animosity towards his husband was ineradicable, he didn't have the courage to assassinate him.
He didn't have the courage to assassinate anyone.

He was too weak at heart. And that's what his father despised the most about him.

There was a knock on the door, snapping him out of his miserable thoughts.

"Come in."

In came a maid. She looked quite familiar with her blond hair tied back neatly and a smile on her long, slim face.

She bowed deeply. Wooyoung nodded still frowning.

"I am His Highness's personal maid. It's a pleasure to meet you."
She said in a monotone voice but her eyes held something more.
They were dejected.

Wooyoung remembered her as the one in the ballroom, looking at San. He suddenly felt guilty for some reason.

"He is in the washroom." He simply said and turned away.
The air was filled with tension and awkwardness as they waited for San to step out.

A few seconds passed, which felt like hours and he finally opened the door and walked inside, drying his hair with a towel.

He paused when his eyes fell on Yoohyeon. He looked at Wooyoung sitting on the edge of the bed, looking seemingly bored.

Wooyoung looked at San, then the girl staring at each other with crestfallen expression.

Great. He ruined someone's love life too.

Wooyoung cleared his throat and the lovers looked away in a panic.

"He is aware." San whispered. Her eyes widened frantically. She looked at Wooyoung with something akin to fear and Wooyoung didn't know how to respond. Nobody had ever looked at him like that.
He didn't like it.

"It is fine. Do not fret. Your secret is safe with me. He is all yours." He said with a shrug. The blond looked confuse still and looked between the two princes.

Wooyoung sighed.

"Look, I am not interested in him at all. This is a loveless marriage. So you both can continue whatever you have going on." He explained.

San stared at Wooyoung suspiciously. Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

"I am going to take a shower." He announced to no one in particular and walked to the washroom and shut the door, leaving the couple alone in the giant room.

Yoohyeon pursed her lips, still frowning.
"This does not feel right. How did he know? What if he were to reveal everything? What if I-" She blabbered in panic.

San wrapped his arms around her, making her go quite.

"He won't. I shall make sure he won't."
He affirmed. She shook her head.

"How can I trust him? He seems to hate you. What if he just tells everyone about us?"

San pulled away and held her shoulders firmly.

"Look at me." She lifted her head and he saw the dread in her eyes.

"We cannot trust him. But you trust me, do you not?"
Yoohyeon nodded without hesitation. San smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Then that is enough. I shall not let anything happen to you." He said confidently. Yoohyeon grinned.

Meanwhile, Wooyoung racked his head with all the ways to slaughter the prince and bring down Ellesmere to it's knees.

This wasn't going to easy. It was never easy.

They were like two coins, forged together. But forever facing the opposite directions.

🥀