twenty seven

After dinner, Wooyoung went straight to his room and took out the letter from his pocket, eyes skimming over the words continually.

Less than a month.

He had to make a decision. The dull throbbing at the back of his head returned with full force. He clicked his tongue as the frustration threatened to suffocate him whole.

Before he could burst into tears, the door opened and in walked San, of course.

He looked at Wooyoung and his gaze travelled down to the paper clutched tightly in his hands.
His pulse quickened.

Wooyoung tried not to act hastily and casually folded the letter.

San didn't utter a word, heading straight to the bathroom. Wooyoung inhaled shakily and immediately tore the piece of paper and threw the remains outside the window.

Wooyoung walked to his wardrobe and took out his night garments, laying them on the bed neatly.

He needed a nice, hot shower to clear his mind.

As he waited, San finally opened the door.

Wooyoung's mind went blank as San stepped out of the shower.

He was basically naked if not for a thin towel wrapped around his lean hips. His body glistened with water droplets and it looked like he had been carved from marble. He didn't even have to move, Wooyoung thought. He could just stare at him forever without blinking.

His ruby locks hung loosely on his shoulders but they looked soft enough to run his fingers through. The hair at his nape looked like silk and Wooyoung had the urge to touch it. The sight made him feel hot all over, despite being in a cold room.

San's skin was flawless, as always.

Wooyoung knew that his desires would never be realized so he did his best to ignore them. He was well aware of the consequences of allowing himself to fall for the prince.

But there were still days, when his heart skipped a beat because of how attractive the other was. Or when he thought about how beautiful his smile was and wished he could capture those breathtaking features.

And then there were days like today where he couldn't help but wonder why the world wanted to destroy everything good within his reach. Why was life so cruel?

"Do you need anything?" San asked, pulling Wooyoung out of his daze. His eyes widened slightly and he quickly shook his head.

"I'm fine," he lied. "I think I'll take a quick shower."

San stared at him for a moment before nodding curtly.

Wooyoung grabbed his clothes and rushed into the washroom, closing the door behind him. His cheeks burned and he was sure that a huge red hue covered his entire face.

He turned the shower on and waited until the water warmed up before stepping inside. He let his mind wander off to another place, hoping it would distract him from the burning sensation crawling down his chest.

He sighed and ran a hand through his wet hair. He felt frustrated. His heart pounded faster every time San smiled or laughed. Every time their hands brushed against each other, Wooyoung felt electricity run through his body.

It wasn't a normal reaction, he was certain of that. This wasn't normal, not by a long shot.

His emotions were constantly on overdrive and he found it difficult to function when he was this close to San.

Whatever this was, Wooyoung knew he couldn't keep doing this. He couldn't keep getting distracted by such a beautiful man who was probably too oblivious to notice what he was doing to him.