Eighteen

San knocked on the door with his left hand while a plate of food rested in his right.

After a few seconds and some sniffles being heard, the door opened revealing Yeosang. The blond looked at Wooyoung quickly, who gave him a silent nod. Yeosang turned to San, bowed and left.

San entered the room and closed the door behind him. Wooyoung was seated on the edge of the bed, his head hung low and eyes downcast.
San walked up to him and placed the plate beside him on the bed.

"Eat." He simply said which came out rather rudely than he had intended. He grimaced internally when Wooyoung turned to look up at him with a frown and teary eyes.
He really sucked at comforting.

"I am not hungry." Wooyoung replied, standing up and started to walk away.

At that moment San didn't know what caused him to act like this when he suddenly grabbed the younger's wrist and stopped him right in his tracks. His eyes widened at his own actions.

What the hell are you doing?!

Wooyoung whipped his head towards him with a raised brow. He looked down at San's grip on his wrist and back at him.

"What do you think you are doing?"

San took a deep breath. He still held on to him.

"I told you to eat. You have not eaten anything since morning. You will not just leave your food untouched." He stated commandingly.

Wooyoung frowned for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"Why do you care if I have eaten anything or not? Since when did you worry about me?"

San pursed his lips in annoyance.

"Why can't you listen to a single thing I say?!" He raised his voice a little and Wooyoung squeezed his eyes shut and inhaled sharply.

He looked so troubled and frustrated like he was holding something back. Like it pained him to see that San cared about him. And for San it was all very agitating.

"Just leave me alone, San! Who are you to tell me what to do and what not to do?!"

"I AM YOUR HUSBAND, WOOYOUNG." San yelled in frustration. Wooyoung froze in his spot.

"How do you think it makes me feel when you act like being in my presence is the most vile thing ever?! I understand you do not particularly like me or stand being in the same room as me but there must be something else that leads you to react like that! Is it something I did? Did I hurt you or offend you in any way? Please tell me."
His voice grew softer at the end to the point it almost looked like he was pleading.

Wooyoung's heart cracked inside him and breathing became increasingly difficult as he looked into San's eyes. He wanted to scream and shout until he couldn't anymore. Until his throat ran dry.

He closed his eyes and strengthened his resolve.

Yeosang's life was on line and he wouldn't compromise it for anything else in the world. As much as it hurt for some reason he had to gather himself, his thoughts, his emotions to save his fragile heart from falling for all the wrong reasons. He couldn't. He shouldn't. And he won't.

"Just leave me alone San. Trust me it's the best for both of us this way."

San's eyes sharpened dangerously and he released Wooyoung's wrist. He glared at him for a few seconds and Wooyoung almost stopped breathing because of how cold his expression became.

"Fine." He deadpanned and walked away slamming the door making Wooyoung flinch.

He dropped on the bed and gripped his hair roughly. He felt his eyes burning with a new set of tears. He wanted to just rip his hair out and scream until he passed out.
He couldn't bare to look at that stupid face again after what had happened, and yet he still had a hard time to stop looking at him.

Why did it seem so hard? Harder than he could ever expect.

His resolve crumbled at the mere sight of the taller. He questioned everything his father ever told about San when their eyes met.
San jumbled with Wooyoung's mind, tangling his already convoluted heart into a tortuous mess.

He stood up and wiped his tears. He needed fresh air. Everything was suffocating at the moment. He couldn't keep up with all these emotions hitting him harder than a brick.

Wooyoung walked towards the door, opened it and stepped outside.

A mistake.

He felt nauseous at the sight that greeted him.

There he was, pressing the blond girl against the wall of the hallway and snogging her like it was the end of the world. And the girl was none other than Yoohyeon of course.

The more he looked the more he became puzzled at the painful tug at his heart. He shouldn't be feeling like this. It was wrong. He shouldn't be feeling even the slightest resentment for the girl. She was so sweet after all. Such an angel.

He stood there for what seemed like hours until he couldn't take it anymore and turned around to walk the opposite direction. He walked mindlessly, trying to get rid of the unsettling thoughts clawing at his brain.

San

The prince pulled away from Yoohyeon and squeezed his eyes shut. He couldn't even look at her. He felt a soft hand caressing his cheeks. He opened his eyes and found her staring at him with a bittersweet expression like she knew he was slowly but surely straying farther and farther away from her love.

"Are you alright?" She asked softly.

San shook his head, the guilt clawing at his heart was making it hard to form coherent thoughts.

"I am sorry. I am so so sorry." He replied unable to say anything further than that.

He hated that the kiss didn't feel the same as before. He hated that there were no sparks or butterflies instead a hollow empty feeling filled his stomach. He absolutely despised the fact that he imagined a prince with ebony hair and a mole below his eye, in his arms instead.

Damn it, Jung Wooyoung. I hate you so much.

"I love you." Yoohyeon whispered, looking straight at San with a frown. He gulped.

He suddenly was tongue tied as he averted his eyes. He couldn't say it back. Why. It felt wrong when all of a sudden. He hated it. Even if he said it back he knew those words they would be nothing more than mere syllables on his lips.

He couldn't do that to Yoohyeon. Not when she deserves someone who would tell her truly that they loved her.

"I know."

🥀

Why does Conan has like the best discography ever.