Ten

The two princes avoided each other like the plague. The only time they would be seen together is at the luncheon with the royal family and Yunho and Seonghwa.

That's the only time they had to pretend to be in love with each other, which was a hard task considering the two princes would kill each other at any given moment.

Yunho would be going back to Amaris today, so Wooyoung was quite crestfallen at the thought of his only family going back.

"Goodbye, Wooyoung. Do not miss me too much." Yunho grinned cheekily at his brother.

Wooyoung scoffed half-heartedly but smiled nonetheless.
"You wish."

Seonghwa bowed deeply. "Stay safe, your highness."

"Of course." Wooyoung smiled. Yunho turned to look at San, who was standing beside Wooyoung looking bored and uninterested.

Yunho attempted to smile.
"Take care of Wooyoung, San. He can be a little kid at times but he won't be very difficult to handle."

Wooyoung sputtered, feeling offended.

San turned to look at the younger, who pointedly ignored him.

"Hyung, please. Who do you think I am? I do not need somebody else taking care of me. I am perfectly capable of that. Thank you very much." He replied, glaring at San. The crimson haired just rolled his eyes.

Seonghwa looked between the two with a frown. Wooyoung pursed his lips and squeezed his eyes shut.

He almost forgot that they didn't know about the prince's abhorrence towards each other.

"I mean-"

"Of course, Yunho. You need not worry about that. I'm right here with him."
San grabbed his hands and smiled sweetly at him which made Wooyoung sick to the stomach.

He raised an eyebrow questioningly.
San just leered and squeezed his hand rather painfully.

He was trying to get under Wooyoung's skin but he won't let that happen. His ego was bigger than that.

Instead, Wooyoung plastered a lovestruck smile on his face and dug his nails into the older's hand. He heard him intake sharply and he smirked in satisfaction.

Yunho and Seonghwa looked between the two awkwardly. But decided not to interfere in whatever was going on.

"Aggressive love." Yunho whispered to Seonghwa.

The emperor entered with his wife by her side. Everyone bowed deeply.

"Goodbye, Prince Yunho. It was a pleasure having you here." To everyone's surprise he smiled at Yunho who was his sworn enemy until very recently.

Yunho bowed deeply in gratitude.
"It was an honor for me, honestly. I am glad we set aside our differences and chose a more disciplined path towards peace."

Jongcheol smiled and nodded.
"Of course. I wish you a save journey and please convey my regards to your father."

Yunho bowed and turned around and left the palace with Seonghwa and the guards behind him.

Wooyoung pulled his hand away immediately and wiped it on his clothes. San frowned but said nothing.

*

Wooyoung was in the castle library, searching for anything to spend his time when he recieved a letter from a guard.

It beared the royal seal of his kingdom.
He inhaled sharply and opened the envelope.

Inside was a small piece of paper with only a simple sentence inscribed.

Don't forget what you're actually there for.

🥀