Seven

San looked around as people moved their bodies to the slow rhythm of the music being played in the ballroom. His eyes caught Yoohyeon, who was looking at him with a sad smile. San gazed at her with apologetic eyes. She just shook her head, her eyes glistened with tears.

'I am sorry' San mouthed the words, hoping she would understand the sincerity in his eyes. She gave him a rueful look and went inside, out of San's vision.

San sighed. How he wish he could go up to her right now and embrace her and tell her he only has eyes for her and no one else. He felt so helpless and dejected, seeing tears shining in those eyes of his beloved. It hurt him. So much.

He looked down at his hands to see the ruby stone sparkling on his ring finger. The anger flared inside him.

With bawled fists, he turned to look at his 'husband' who sat right beside him. Wooyoung looked tired as he rested his elbow on the armrest of the throne and placed his cheek on his palm.

The party was still going on at full swing as people entertained themselves with alcohol and whatnot. It seemed like everyone except the newly married couple were happy.

A servant suddenly came up to San and bowed. San raised his brows. "What is it?"

He leaned in towards his ear, still keeping a respectful distance and whispered. "His majesty wishes to see you dance with your husband."

San's eyes widened in disbelief and he turned to look at his father across the room. He shook his head. His father gave him a stern look and San groaned internally. He nodded hesitantly and gestured the servant to go.

He turned to look at Wooyoung, who looked clueless about the whole matter as he kept looking at something with a soft smile on his face. San frowned and looked at the direction of his gaze and he saw a few children dancing with their friends while giggling every now and then. He turned to look back at Wooyoung, who chuckled quitely to himself.

San shook his head and reminded himself of the task. He cleared his throat and extended his hands towards the younger without any word. He refused to look at Wooyoung as he kept staring right across him. The prince looked at him and his hand with a confused look on his face.

"What?" He asked, glancing at his hands. San sighed, exasperated. His ego was hurting at the moment.

"Just take my hand, Jung." He muttered, too ashamed to look at him. Oh, how he would love to die right now.

"But wh-" He was cut off by San groaning and grabbing his hand suddenly and dragging him down the stairs. Wooyoung almost stumbled in his steps due to the sudden movement.

"Hey! What are you-"

"Just shut up and do as I say." San spoke.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched as the royal couple arrived on the dance floor, hand in hand. Wooyoung gasped as he felt San grab his waist lightly.

"Just go along with the flow. Believe me, I would much rather be doing anything else right now but we have to look believable at least. So just follow my lead." He leaned in to whisper against the younger's ear which were bright red. Wooyoung gulped but nodded nonetheless, placing his hands on the taller's shoulder hesitantly. San grabbed his left hand and interwined them together.

Everyone in the ballroom stared at the seemingly 'perfect' couple in awe, unaware of the inner conflicts. The ladies giggled as the couple started moving their bodies with the slow rhythm. The emperor smiled in satisfaction and the empress cooed at the young royals. (That show is just *chef's kiss*)

"They are such a handsome couple."

"A match made in heaven."

"Oh! How romantic."