Twenty six

Wooyoung's hands trembled where they were clutching the damned piece of paper.

I better see that redhead's lifeless body at my feet in less than a month.

The king.

A reminder. A friendly one, at that.

How sweet.

So sweet that Wooyoung found it difficult to look away from the paper. He almost forgot he was in the middle of a hallway until Yeosang's voice cut through his fogged head, making him jump and let out a little yelp.

Yeosang looked at him and then at the letter with narrow, calculating eyes.

Way to go, Wooyoung. He's totally not suspicious now.

"What is that?" Yeosang asked crossing his arms over his chest.
For a moment Wooyoung forgot that he was the superior one here.

He was so preoccupied with that stupid, ugly piece of paper he wasn't paying attention to what was going on around him anymore.

"Nothing," he said, hoping to sound as if he didn't know anything about it.

Yeosang fixed him with a glare. Wooyoung felt the guilt crawl up to his throat until it threatened to choke him.

He had never kept any secrets from Yeosang. Not a single thing. He didn't feel the need to. There was no one else for him to talk to after all.

But he knew the consequences of telling him the truth. How could he? When it involved Yeosang's life itself ? If he told him, Yeosang would get hurt.

There would be blood on his hands.

He couldn't do that.
"It's nothing really. Just a stupid letter I got."
Yeosang raised his brows.

"From?" he asked, clearly skeptical.
"No one important." Wooyoung tried not to roll his eyes at his own reply.

"Your highness," Yeosang sighed rubbing his temples. "I am just saying it could be dangerous-"

Oh, you don't say? Wooyoung retarded weakly in his head, of course.

"-and you know my job is to protect you against any potential
threats."

Yeah, he sort of guessed that part himself . But still, he didn't want Yeosang getting hurt. So he lied.

"Yeo, if it was dangerous, then you would be the first person I would approach. Trust me, okay?" And God, did it hurt knowing Yeosang's life was on the line because of his stupid mistake.

Yeosang pursed his lips, visibly annoyed but letting it slide anyway.
"If you insist," Yeosang said, eyeing him warily.

"Come on now, I heard Mingi's going to be eating with us in the Royal kitchen." Wooyoung said, raising his brows suggestively. It was laughable how Yeosang's face went from irritation to absolute horror when Wooyoung winked.

"W-what?" He asked, eyes wide and red creeping up to his ears.

"What does that have to do with me?" Yeosang said his voice going a pitch higher with every passing minute.

Wooyoung giggled. Yeosang's whole expression screamed 'not funny' while his blush deepened tenfold.
Wooyoung grinned.

"You're so easy to tease."

"Am not!" Yeosang yelled.

"Sure." Wooyoung smirked, swiftly pocketing the letter and throwing an arm around a mortified Yeosang's shoulder.

Yeosang gave him an indignant shove and tried to wiggle free, but Wooyoung wasn't having any of it and kept laughing like a maniac at his expense.

Yeosang groaned loudly. "Why are we friends?!"