x. NEW TERM, NEW CHANGES

CHAPTER TEN
x: NEW TERM, NEW CHANGES

         TURNS OUT, HARRY NEVER RETURNED for the remaining journey

Julianna tried searching the corridors and compartments with the help of Ron and Hermione, but to their disappointment, Harry was nowhere to be found.

'You're kidding, where can he be?' Julianna exclaimed as they walked into the Great Hall for dinner, Harry still absent.

'No idea.' Ron shook his head, biting his nails out of anxiety.

'I'll give him a beating when he comes back, why did he run off?' Hermione sighed.

Julianna, Ron and Hermione sat at the Gryffindor long table listening to the mundane speeches and going through the first years. It was time for the feast. Julianna couldn't even focus on her food, glancing around for any signs of Harry.

The Great Hall doors suddenly slammed open, Julianna turned, seeing Harry speed walking towards their table and squeezing himself next to Julianna as Hermione and Ron stared in horror opposite them.

'Where've you──blimey, what've you done to your face?' Ron said, goggling at him along with everyone else in the vicinity.

'Why, what's wrong with it?' Harry said nonchalantly, grabbing a spoon and squinting at his distorted reflection.

'Jesus christ,' Julianna gasped as she peeked at him. 'You're covered in blood! What the hell? Come here, Tergeo!' Julianna raised her wand and siphoned off the dried blood.

'Thanks,' Harry muttered, feeling his now clean face. 'How's my nose looking?'

'Normal,' Hermoine said anxiously. 'Why shouldn't it? Harry, what happened? We've been terrified!'

'I'll tell you later,' Harry said curtly. Julianna glanced around slightly and realized that even Ginny, Neville, Dean, and Seamus were listening in; even Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor ghost, had come floating along the bench to eavesdrop.

'But──' Hermione said.

'Not now, Hermione,' Harry dismissed, in a darkly significant voice. Julianna narrowed her eyes at Harry in suspicion, she wondered what really had happened as he reached across Ron for a couple of chicken legs and a handful of chips, but before he could take them they vanished, to be replaced with puddings.

'You missed the Sorting, anyway,' Hermione informed, as Ron dived for a large chocolate gateau.

'Hat say anything interesting?' Harry asked, taking a piece of treacle tart.

'Same old, same old, actually... advising us all to unite in the face enemies, you know.' Julianna answered, taking a spoon of her pudding.

'Dumbledore mentioned Voldemort at all?'