x. ANOTHER TRIP TO THE LIBRARY AND THE SECOND TASK

CHAPTER TEN
x: ANOTHER TRIP TO THE LIBRARY AND THE SECOND TASK

         ON THE EVENING BEFORE THE SECOND task, the quartet were sitting in the library, diligently skimming through Spellbooks

          Harry had told them the other day about his night adventure where he went to the prefect's bathroom and did what Cedric had told him to for the egg, and where he had bumped into Snape and Moody.

           Hermione was not happy about him lying that he had already worked out the egg clue.

            'There's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that Drought Charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake.' Ron said from the other side of the table.

           'There has to be something, they'd never have set a task that was undoable.' Hermione said tiredly as her eyes pored over the tiny print of Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes.

           'They have. Harry just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate.' Ron suggested.

          'How smart.' Julianna replied shortly, full of sarcasm.

          Hermione started to think that there was no other way, while Harry and Ron were thinking about turning into a goldfish or a frog, which Hermione had told them that it was impossible.

           Julianna sat there with full concentration to not fall asleep at any moment. Until the voice of Fred Weasley had woken her up.

          'What're you doing here?' Ron asked his brother.

           'Looking for you,' George said. 'Mcgonagall wants you, Ron. And you, Hermione.'

           Hermione and Ron looked reluctant but eventually had to comply and left Harry and Julianna in the library.

          'Harry, shoulders please.' Julianna yawned as she laid her head on Harry's shoulders, closing her eyes, and slept peacefully. Harry stiffened for a moment at the intimacy, but got more comfortable as the moment passed.

           The time passed by like a blur. Book after book, he still couldn't find any Spells that would help him in his next task.

            'You're still here? It's eight, time to go. Fast, before I chase you out personally.' The librarian, Madam Pince snapped.