vi. A SHORT VISITATION

CHAPTER SIX
vi: A SHORT VISITATION

CHAPTER SIXvi: A SHORT VISITATION

Julianna, darling, wake up.

         JULIANNA BOLTED AWAKE, PANTING heavily as though she'd ran for miles and miles. She expected to see Harry sleeping on the bed to her right, but realized she wasn't even in bed.

          Wait, what?

          She got up so quick, people might've thought of her as a passing shadow instead.

           It was completely dark, only a small lantern was hung gloomily on a pole. Julianna cursed to herself, why must she always get into trouble whenever she distanced herself away from it.

           Julianna walked uncertainly to the lantern and took it, illuminating her way as she goes. It wasnt much help, the glow was weak and she could barely see her feet. Nevertheless, it was better than none.

          She groped around in the darkness, trying to find something to hold on, or at least a lead for guidance. She advanced forwards, towards wherever her intuition told her to and finally, she touched something.

          Bars? It was cold and felt like hard metal, it was definitely rusty, leaving red-brown powder on her fingers.

         She decided to give it a push and realized it was a gate, producing a light creaking sound in the silence. She didn't know whether to go or not, because a, something bad might happen in there, or b, something bad might happen out here.

          Julianna decided to go in, whether or not there was a human life in there, it was for her to find out.

         She took steady steps, dried leaves crunching under her foot as she entered the premises. She held up her barely lighted lantern and saw that there were only bushes and bushes surrounding her.

          Was she about to get murdered? Again?

          Julianna stopped just at the corner before turning. It was the time to decided whether to leave or to continue. But it felt as though she was bound to come here, fated or forced, she didn't know.

         With a quick inhale, she turned the corner and light was poured onto the street from a house. A very big house it was, though it looked ancient.

          Flower veins and mosses were overgrown, plastered onto the walls tightly. A once marvelous white painted house was now etched with green and several spots of colours.

          It was pulling her in, an invisible force was sucking her closer and closer, an attraction that felt too overwhelming to deny, just like a love potion.

          Why not give it a try, Julianna thought, considering she was stuck in an unfortunate circumstance, there was no better option.

          She got closer and closer, and was now facing the front door. A sign that read: 'Welcome! Please leave at once before you'll be chased away at force! Safe travel!'. Now, that made Julianna ponder whether she should really go for it or not.