xix. THE WINTER HOLIDAYS

CHAPTER NINETEEN
xix: THE WINTER HOLIDAYS

          'YOU'RE TELLING ME ALL these now?'

It was currently seven in the morning and the room was already filled with Hermione's shriek as she and Julianna packed to return for Christmas. Julianna had just told Hermione about her own after party and Hermione didn't seem to digest it.

'You were sleeping yesterday night anyway,' Julianna slammed her trunk shut.

'Still!' Hermione huffed, placing her hands on her hips, frowning deeply. 'What are you going to do now?'

'What am I going to do now?' Julianna repeated, giving Hermione a blank stare. 'Nothing.'

'Really? Nothing?'

'Yeah,' Julianna scoffed. 'He was being a dick and I have no reasons to start being friendly with him again as if nothing happened. Plus, my heart's broken, Hermione, seeing him would only make me feel either like crying or punching him,'

'He said he likes Ginny?' Hermione said incredulously.

'He didn't directly say it...but after I confronted him about having feelings for Ginny, the silence really spoke volumes...' Julianna faltered.

Hermione stopped whatever she was doing and reached over to Julianna, pulling her into a tight hug, rocking them both from side to side. 'Oh, Lia...'

'You know what 'Mione? I'll get over it, I will. I don't need him to love me, all I need is for me to love myself.'

Hermione heaved a deep sigh, not pressing the matter anymore. 'What about your hair situation?'

'No idea,'

'You're probably metamorphagus now, like Tonks!'

'Is that good or bad?'

'I guess that's for you to find out.'

Later that day, they boarded the Hogwarts express back home. Julianna caught a glimpse of Ron and Harry but she decided to turn away. After what felt like forever, the train eventually came to a stop and Julianna heaved her trunk out with Hermione by her side.

'You're not planning on going over to the Burrow?'

Julianna shook her head. 'Not really,'

Hermione nodded in acknowledgement. 'Wanna stay over at mine?'

'Sorry, 'Mione, I have to decline this one,' Julianna smiled apologetically. 'What about... Christmas shopping together, then?'

Hermione beamed delightfully. 'That's great! I'll owl you,'

'Deal,' Hermione gave Julianna one last hug, then turned to leave as she waved goodbye to Julianna.

'Julianna!'