xiii. AN END OF A SCHOOL-YEAR

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
xiii: AND END OF A SCHOOL-YEAR

          RON AND HERMIONE HAD EXPLAINED to her exactly what happened from Harry's point of view, starting from the maze to the incident with the fake Moody, when she and Harry returned to the Gryffindor Tower the following evening

          RON AND HERMIONE HAD EXPLAINED to her exactly what happened from Harry's point of view, starting from the maze to the incident with the fake Moody, when she and Harry returned to the Gryffindor Tower the following evening. Harry does not want to retell the story again and Julianna understands that.

          'Voldemort's back?' Julianna questioned in utter disbelief. Harry, Ron and Hermione nodded in response. 'And Cedric Diggory's dead?' Again, the other three nodded.

          'Blimey...'

          'So, no pen-pal?' Julianna quickly switched subjects. They also revealed about Sirius and told her how they met Sirius during their third-year.

          'No pen-pal,' Hermione confirmed sadly.

          On the night before leaving, they entered the Great Hall for the Leaving Feast. It was no longer decorated with the winning house's colours, but black drapes on the wall behind the teachers' table, and they knew at once that it was a mark of respect for Cedric.

           Up on the staff table, the real Mad-Eye Moody was there with his wooden leg and his magical eye. He was extremely twitchy and jumping every time someone spoke to him. But no one could blame him for being extra paranoid after being kidnapped and had gotten trapped in a trunk for almost a year. Julianna felt slightly shaken when she saw Moody, remembering the unfortunate events she went through.

           Madame Maxime was still there, sitting next to Hagrid and they were talking quietly together. But, Karkaroff appeared to be absent.

          Dumbledore stood up and the Great Hall immediately went silent at once.

          'The end of another year,' Dumbledore began as he looked around the hall. He paused and his eyes fell upon the Hufflepuff table. The Hufflepuffs were the most affected by Cedric's death, most of them appeared pale and sad.

          'There is much I would like to say to you all tonight,' Dumbledore continued, 'but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here-' He gestured towards the Hufflepuff table, 'enjoying our Feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glass, to Cedric Diggory.'

          The sounds of benches scraping against the hard wooden floor echoed loudly as everybody stood up. Everybody raised their goblets and echoed, in one loud, low, rumbling voice, 'Cedric Diggory.'

          They took their seats and Harry could not help but to notice the crying girl from the Ravenclaw table, Cho Chang.