i. A BOY'S SORROW

CHAPTER ONE
i: A BOY'S SORROW

          IT HAS BEEN MONTHS SINCE THE tragic incident

          IT HAS BEEN MONTHS SINCE THE tragic incident. Many things had happened since.

          Harry found out about his prophecy and was called "The Chosen One". Cornelius Fudge was replaced by Rufus Scrimgeour. Umbridge has fled from the castle and nobody knew where she went and Voldemort was on the rise.

          Apart from that, Sirius was now a free man, Dumbledore was the headmaster of Hogwarts again, everything was back to normal for the wizarding world. But for the trio, everything came shattering down. Julianna was dead. They lost a friend, a best friend they cherished more than anything, someone that influenced them and shaped them into a better person. Harry didn't just lost a friend, he lost his soulmate. Somebody that he went to whenever he was in trouble, somebody that he found comfort in, somebody that he was willing to spend his whole life with. She was gone, forever. An angel that appeared in their lives when they most unexpected to.

          To say that Harry was sad is an understatement. He was depressed, engulfed with complete grief. Ever since her funeral, he was in the worse of state. He lay cooped up in his room at the Burrow, his OWLs results sat on the dresser, clothes were scattered all over the floor.

          He was currently in bed, a letter in his hands. It was Julianna's OWLs results. He has no desire to open them, all he wanted was to read her name over and over, until it was engraved in his brain, hoping to manifest her to appear, handing over her results in person, but he knew that wouldn't happen.

          Hermione was staying at the Burrow too, but she and Ron distanced themselves from Harry, giving him space to mourn.

           It was the worst for Harry. He couldn't shake off Hermione and Ron's faces when he told them that their friend was dead, how Hermione had collapsed into Ron, sobbing for dear life, how Sirius was in a deep state of depression, how Lupin had disappeared after the funeral, how John Skyes had fled to France for a moment's breather, how Octavius broke down crying after Harry told him about her apology, how Fred and George are overworking in their new joke shop just to hide the fact that Julianna's gone.

          All Harry felt was the guilt eating him alive.

          He wanted to know, he craved for the truth. Why her? Why must she leave first? Why in the world would someone kill an innocent girl like her?

          Hate, anger, sorrow and grief consumed him whole. He wanted nothing more but to avenge her. But part of him knew that Julianna never wanted him to do that, he knew she wouldn't want him to hurt someone.

          Harry was grateful for Hermione and the Weasley family for trying to cheer him up, especially Ginny, who always stayed by his side, making sure of Harry's well-being.