xxv. HAGRID'S NOT-SO-LITTLE SECRET

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
xxv: HAGRID'S NOT-SO-LITTLE SECRET

         MANY THINGS HAPPENED OVER the pass few days after Fred and George's departure and all of them is not very ideal

          Filch and Umbridge were getting bullied by many students, some pulling tricks and pranks on them. Many teachers decided to turn a blind eye to all these misfortune purposely, rather watching Umbridge suffer.

          The Inquisitorial Squad was having odd things happening to them as well. Warrington of Slytherin Quidditch team had horrible skin complaint that made him look like he was covered in cornflakes. Pansy Parkinson had sprouted antlers.

          'I'm about to be dead!' Ron groaned. They were now in Charms class, learning how to make their teacups spout legs so that it can walk.

          'Why's that?' Hermione asked.

          'Mum's next letter will definitely be telling me how it'll be my fault Fred and George left, you wait,' Ron said darkly, holding up his feeble-legged teacup. 'She'll say I should've stopped them leaving, I should've grabbed the ends of their brooms and hung on or something ... yeah, it'll be all my fault.'

          'Well, if she does say that it'll be very unfair, you couldn't have done anything! But I'm sure she won't, I mean, if it's really true they've got premises in Diagon Alley, they must have been planning this for ages.'

         'But the real question is,' Julianna started, gripping onto her running teacup with all her might, 'how did they manage to afford the premises? Isn't it really expensive?'

          'Yeah,' Ron nodded in agreement. 'It's a bit dodgy, isn't it? They'll need loads of Galleons to afford the rent on a place in Diagon Alley. She'll want to know what they've been up to, to get their hands on that sort of gold.'

         'Well, yes, that occured to me too,' Hermione said, watching her teacup running in circles. 'I've been wondering whether Mundungus has persuaded them to sell stolen goods or something awful.'

         'He hasn't,' Harry said curtly.

         'How do you know?' Ron, Hermione and Julianna said in sync.

         'Because──' Harry hesitated a little, taking a small breath, and continued, 'Because they got the gold from me. I gave them my Triwizard winnings last June.'

          There was a short silence of shock, Hermione's teacup jogged right over the edge of the desk and smashed on the floor, causing Hermione to react.