viii. THE YULE BALL AND LATE NIGHT DANCES

CHAPTER EIGHT
viii: THE YULE BALL AND
LATE NIGHT DANCES

          'HERMIONE, HELP ME ZIP UP MY DRESS, please!' Julianna bickered

          Although Julianna had no partner to meet, she still was feeling panic. She really wanted to take her letter to the Owlery to send to her grandfather and her uncle, to thank them for her presents she received earlier on.

           After getting her zip zipped up, she hugged Hermione quickly and told Hermione to not wait for her, also giving her a quick compliment about her appearance. She could not help but be proud of picking the dress for Hermione. At first, she chose it as it was the same colour as her eyes──blue. But when Hermione tried it on, it was like she was made for it.

          Speaking of dresses, Hermione had chosen a golden coloured dress, that was rather more like a gown, for Julianna. It had small crystals decorating the belt of her dress and it made small sparkles when it shined under the light. Hermione was satisfied about the golden dress she picked and how it had complimented Julianna's blonde hair.

          Julianna made her way up the Owlery, occasionally tripping over the hems of her dress. While making her way up the Owlery, people were looking at her oddly, but she did not care.

          Julianna looked around to find a suitable barn owl. After looking for one, she tied the letter onto the owl and it took off.

          She quickly made her way downstairs and into the Entrance Hall. It had apparently taken her a long time to send a letter that the Yule Ball had started.

          She slid in through the gap of the oak door and sat next to Ron as if nothing happened. 'Hey, Ronnie. Having fun?'

           Ron jumped as he heard Julianna's voice. 'Blimey, Jules, you almost gave me a heart attack.'

            Julianna laughed. 'Too pretty 'till it shocked you, eh?' Ron rolled his eyes at what Julianna had said and continued looking at the dancing crowd.

             'Come on, let's dance!' She said as she pulled Ron. 'Padma, you wanna come dance?' Julianna suggested to Ron's partner, whose sullen expression had turned brighter. 'Sure!'

             'Padma, you don't mind me stealing Ron, don't you?' Julianna asked Padma, who shook her head and went off into the crowd to find her dancing partner.

              'Ronald, you had this dance class with Professor Mcgonagall already. So, please, put your hands on my waist and don't tell me where it is.' Luckily, Ron had remembered that embarrassing day where he had danced with Mcgongall. Well, people learn from their mistakes.