vii. HOME

CHAPTER SEVEN
vii: HOME

      JULIANNA FOUND HERSELF waking up on a fresh patch of mown grass tickling her cheeks as she groaned in discomfort

      JULIANNA FOUND HERSELF waking up on a fresh patch of mown grass tickling her cheeks as she groaned in discomfort. The feeling of dirt coated her arms like a second skin. She was yet again, filthy from dirt and grass.

Julianna expected to see the big house she had just visited, and run to the comforts of her parents again. She wished to meet Hunter too, his whereabouts unknown but she's determined to owl him.

Julianna got up from the ground and her head felt light and dazed. Her throat was burning from the lack of water and she was definitely dehydrated.

She was glad to be back at the Burrow, how she'd teleported here, she will leave the question for another day. For now, she must get down to business.

Julianna trudged up the front step and knocked on the back door. Her feet started tapping unconsciously with impatience and anxiety, lips pursing in spite.

'Julianna!' Mrs Weasley practically threw herself on Julianna, arms tangled around her neck and Mrs Weasley squeezed Julianna tightly.

'Mrs Weasley?' Julianna managed to wheeze. '──can't breathe──mind──letting──go?'

'Right, right, sorry dear,' Mrs Weasley let go of Julianna and Julianna was able to scan the whole of Mrs Weasley now.

She was ashen-faced, hair dishevelled and completely out of line. Julianna felt bad for stressing Mrs Weasley out and possibly the rest of them too.

'Mrs Weasley, I will tell you and the rest about my whereabouts, but I need a confrontation first. Where's Sirius?'

'Living room. Come on, let's go in. I'll make hot chocolate.'

Mrs Weasley guided Julianna through the back door and into the kitchen. Mrs Weasley left to make the hot chocolate while Julianna mentally prepared herself as she entered the threshold.

'Again? How did she disappear, again?'

'It's probably Vold──'

'Don't say his name──'

'Julianna!'

The room silenced and all heads turned to stare at Julianna, who stood awkwardly at the door frame. Bill and Fleur stood at once corner, looking thoroughly concerned. Remus and Sirius sat on the sofa, posture straighter than ever, tensed and distressed. Ron and Hermione stood in front of Sirius and Remus, probably having an argument with them just before.

And Harry Potter, who was dishevelled all over, raven hair poking out in all odd directions, his glasses askew, pale and definitely sickened with worry.

'Where──have──you──been?' Harry got up and rushed over to Julianna, but she shook her head.

'Not now, Harry. I need a confrontation.'