vi. THE QUARTETS GUIDE FOR FINDING PARTNERS

CHAPTER SIX
vi: THE QUARTETS GUIDE FOR FINDING PARTNERS

          'POTTER! WEASLEY! WILL YOU pay attention?' Professor Mcgonagall snapped

          'POTTER! WEASLEY! WILL YOU pay attention?' Professor Mcgonagall snapped. Julianna looked over her shoulders to see Harry and Ron holding Fred and George's fake wand. She snickered quietly at the sight of them.

          Professor Mcgonagall turned away from them and said, 'I have something to say to you all. The Yule Ball is approaching──a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialise with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth-years and above, although you may invite a younger student if you wish──'

          Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle, Parvati Patil nudged her hard in her ribs, and Julianna could not help but roll her eyes at Lavender. Lavender and Parvati looked around at Harry, trying not to giggle once more.

          'Dress robes will be worn,' Professor Mcgonagall continued, ignoring Lavender and Parvati. 'and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight, in the Great Hall. Now then, the Yule Ball is a chance for us all to let our hair down,'

          Lavender giggled again, pressing a hand on her mouth to stifle her laughter. 'But that does not mean that we will be relaxing the standards of behaviour we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way.' She said as the bell rang, and the students started to pack their bags.

          'Potter, a word if you please.' Professor Mcgongall said as the students started to lessen, leaving only the quartet left.

          Hermione, Ron and Julianna awkwardly looked at Harry before walking over to the door and waited there.

          'Potter, the champions and their partners──' Professor Mcgonagall started.

          'What partners?' Harry said.

          Professor Mcgonagall looked at him for a split second, and continued, 'Your partners for the Yule Ball, Potter,' she said coldly. 'Your dance partners.'

          'But I don't dance, I am not dancing.' Harry said.

          'Potter, this is part of the tradition whether you like it or not. You will be dancing. So, go find yourself a partner.' She said in a very final sort of tone and darted her eyes towards Julianna who was by the door before turning away.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

          'ANY IDEAS WHO YOU WILL ASK?' Julianna asked the trio.