11. Third encounter

"Maybe, in the end, we can never say
What might happen to us in the end..."
-TJM

A/N: Thank you for 500 reads. :)

#######

Third Person's POV

Natalia elegantly walked down the stage. Alexander, to her surprise, was waiting at the foot of the platform.

'Too fast.'

She sighed and just followed the powerful man. She looked over her brother and friends. They are now standing beside their assigned table not far from the VIPs.

Jake just stared at them crossing his arms in the process. She didn't stop because she doesn't want to offend Mr. Gates.

'Oh. My. Gosh.' Luna mouthed at her.

'You blessed biss!' Ziv also mouthed at her.

Trish just looked at her with eyebrows raised and a small smirk on her face.

'It's just a date.' Natalia said to herself.

And yes, it will be a blessing. Because through this opportunity, she can reinforce the relationship between the Zion Group and their company. It's a win-win for her. I think.

Ignoring the stares of the crowd that was directed at them, she kept her posture and walked behind the man.

She was led to an elevator. Once the door opened, a hand was placed on her lower back and gently pushed her inside the lift. A jolt of electricity unexpectedly ran down her spine.

Natalia kept her head straight avoiding to look at the tall man beside her as the hand was still on her. She internally cussed herself for being weak as she smells his woody aftershave and felt his soothing warmth next to her. They were that dangerously close.

Natalia is thinking if she should tell Mr. Gates that they are not really bound by the dating rules. After all, the purpose of raising funds had already been met.

The elevator halted. She glanced at the display panel which says 'penthouse'. It's not unpredictable that this man has a house built on every hotel that he owns.

Once again, his hand encouraged her to move forward. Ignoring the weird feeling, Natalia faced and spoke to the man as they reached the door of the penthouse.

"Mr. Gates, we really appreciate your goodness. Thank you for supporting not only this charity event but the children who will benefit from your generosity. I want to let you know that you don't have to do the dating part. I won't waste any of your time and won't be bothering you anymore." She said in one breath and turned to leave towards the elevator.

A strong arm held her waist preventing Natalia to take another step.

"To think that I will let you off so easily." Alexander reprimanded with a dangerous sexy tone. His arm tugged the woman closer to him. And his stare held her eyes.

Natalia, "..."

"You already owed me thrice." The good-looking man added. His whole feature is like a sculpture with perfect ratio all over. No matter how big Natalia's will power is, she cannot turn her face away from him.

"W..what are you saying?" Her brows crumpled as she tried to avert her eyes to anything else but his face. Her hands were laid on his broad chest setting some boundaries between them.

"Three nights with you will suffice." The man casually uttered in a low voice giving Natalia a heart attack.

"E..excuse me?"

--------------

Ariel, weaving her fake smile, was fuming inside. Devon was ignoring her the rest of that evening. When she asked him where they're going later, he just said home.

'It should be a date'. She thought frowning.

The scenes earlier added to her gloomy feelings. How that sly woman entered the Yushkova mansion and separated Devon from her. How that trash woman was able to caught the attention of a powerful man for the night. She's trying to console her broken ego. Maybe it's a charity case like what's the event is all about. 'Yes, that's it.'

Looking at her reflection at the mirror, Ariel headed out of the bathroom. Suddenly a hand gripped her wrist once she was outside.

"Wha---"

"Ariel, dear."

"Jude! Let go of me." She hissed to the man. Thankfully, he let go of her but looked hard on Ariel.

"You vixen. I should have had you if not for that young Yushkova." He's talking about Devon. The woman was baffled. She can see the frustration on the man.

"Don't worry Mr. Ge...Jude. We can always meet outside." She said without enthusiasm. This man is her useful card so she needs to appease him.

"Can't wait." The man smirked and then left her alone.

When the grand ball was over, Ariel and the Yushkova family went back to the mansion. All of them were still dazed on what had happened.

#######

Ignoring her reaction, Alexander opened the door and let her in.

Once inside, Natalia gaped at the home's interior. It was neat, well-designed and complete with high-technology appliances. Though even in her amazement, her ears were still red from getting mad at the man's insolence.

"Mr. Gates...."

"Please sit." Alexander told her as they reached a part of the living area where a small table was set with two chairs on each side. The man pulled out a chair and Natalia sat down muffling a 'thank you'.

She assumed that Mr. Gates was sure about winning a 'date' as the special table was adorned with freshly baked bread and sliced cakes.

Natalia tried to relax closing her eyes in the process. Alexander was just sitting...observing her.

"Mr. Gates---"

"Alexander." The man said to her. She sighed.

"A..Alexander. Can I ask you a question?"

The man just nodded supporting his chin with the back of his hands.

"Uhmm..what do you mean I owed you?" Natalia asked wanting some answers from the time he mentioned it.

"Well, if you can't remember.. it doesn't really matter anymore. You can take your mind off of it." Alexander simply told her.

'Okay. He's quick to give up.'

The lights were now dimmed and the candlelight illuminated their faces. Both of them started to eat the desserts. Natalia enjoyed the silence between them. It's not because they don't know what to say but rather it's a peaceful silence with a delightful company.

Alexander also appreciates the stillness of the moment. He's savoring the woman's every action and the little noise from the utensils she's using. He stood up and reached a bottle of wine from the kitchen counter. It's the same booze he had been drinking at the night he first saw Natalia.

The woman expectantly raised her empty chalice. Alexander shook his head and gave his own glass of wine to the woman.

"Taste it first." The man suggested. Natalia seemed to be familiar with those words and suddenly it hit her.

"You're that man..."

#######

Hope you enjoyed this one. :) See you on the next.