𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐭 𝐫 𝐨 𝐢 𝐬

One day, the Cullens, the pack and the witnesses were around the Olympic coven's house, looking amused as Garrett teased his newfound mate. The nomad didn't really know how to feel as his mate was a vegetarian vampire, but he was ready to change his diet and his lifestyle for her. Kate had trouble at first with his red eyes, but it was her mate. She wouldn't change him for anything in the world. 

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, Garrett," Madelyn warned him when he went to touch Kate's shoulder. The blonde woman would most likely electrocute him if he took her by surprise. Kate turned her head to smirk at her mate.

"Unless you want me to put you on your ass," She grinned when she heard Garrett's chuckles.

"Mmh, is that so? I think your voltage has been exaggerated," He leaned down his head a little to face Kate perfectly, holding the heated eyes contact they had.

"Maybe it only works on the weak," She held her hand up, wiggling her fingers, daring Garrett to touch her. 

"Garrett, I wouldn't-" Carlisle advised, but he still touched her hand with his forefinger. Only to fall on the ground as he was deeply electrocuted. Catching his no-needed breath, he lifted his head up a little and stared at Kate in awe.

"You, are an amazing woman," The Denali woman would blush if she could. Before she could talk, their sweet moment was cut off by Leah and Seth, jogging to them. They were patrolling the area when they noticed two uninvited vampires. 

"We have some company," Leah stated, motioning behind her. Recognizing them, Nathaniel walked closer to the duo.

"Vladimir, Stefan," He greeted them. "You're a long way from home."

"What are they doing here?" Kate harshly whispered to the teacher, who shrugged and wrapped an arm around Madelyn's waist, bringing her closer to his body. 

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you, but that you would not stand alone," Vladimir told Carlisle.

"We didn't do what we were accused of," The doctor retorted. 

"We do not care about what you did, Carlisle," The light blond man continued.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan excitedly stated, almost as eager to fight as Emmett was with Victoria's army. 

"We do not plan on fighting the Volturi," Madelyn chimed in, frowning as the vampires before her were too excited for a fight. She didn't want them to put their hopes up and scare away the people who didn't want to fight.

"Shame, Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed," Vladimir sighed sadly.

"They enjoy a good fight," Stefan completed, nodding along with his coven brother.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar whispered, looking at Carlisle as he realized what was happening.

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen?" Vladimir smirked at their naivety.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar later explained. 

"So, it's not the first he has done it," Madelyn stated, turning her head to look at her son who was in his wolf form, playing with Seth as he entertained and distracted Aiden from their conversation.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar talked, looking at his mate, who nodded. 

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repenting," Carlisle nodded, understanding where Eleazar was going with this.