The Finale (2)

wow it's been a month ehe

anyways here's the other ending for you lovelies <3

═══ *.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

Time seemed to slow down as you watched the two men before you.

Phil was going to do it; you could tell. You could see the regret and the pain swirling in his blue eyes.

He was going to kill Wilbur.

Phil hesitated, closing his eyes for a moment. He sucked in a breath and a tear slipped out of the corner of his eye.

Will's father clapped a hand over his mouth, shaking his head.

"Kristin, forgive me, " He mumbled, almost too low for you to hear.

Wilbur heard his father mumble the same words, a sad smile spreading across his face.

Both of you knew that Phil had made up his mind.

Before your mind could catch up with your body, you were flinging yourself in front of Wilbur.

Phil had dropped his head and flung his sword forward, not wanting to watch himself impale his son.

You turned away just in time, hearing the soft gasp of pain leave Wilbur's lips as the sword drove right through his gut.

"My son..." Phil repeated, his voice cracking with heart-wrenching emotion, "My boy..."

The two were still connected: Will with the blade of a sword in his gut, Phil holding the hilt. Slowly, they sunk to the ground together, Phil's damaged wings wrapping around the two in a sort of protective shield.

"Thank you, father." Wilbur mumbled, a sad smile on his lips, "Thank you."

 His somber gaze met yours, and you couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness. Yes, he'd lost it in the end. Yes, he blew up the one home you and your friends had.

But it was still Wilbur. The one who'd saved you in the forest that day, who fought to keep you safe throughout the war against Dream, and the one who'd done his damned best to give his family the freedom and the life they deserved.

It was going to be hard to forgive him.

But you were going to try.

You knelt to the ground and took Wilbur's hand in yours, silently letting him know that you were going to stay by his side to the very end.

Even after everything he'd done, he didn't deserve to die alone.

He nodded in acknowledgment to you, then closed his eyes and rested his head on his father's shoulders, letting himself slip away into eternal peace.

Or so you hoped. You weren't sure what came after this life; you could only hope Wilbur ended up somewhere decent (lol).

Once it was clear that Wilbur had gone, Phil glanced over his shoulder to look at you. "I'm going to bury him." He said, gingerly removing the sword from his son's body. Then, he stood, Wilbur's still-warm hand falling limply from yours, blood dripping from the gash in his stomach.

Phil carried Wilbur in his arms as a father would his newborn baby, holding his head close to his chest. Then, he took off, flying into the sky.

Only then, when Phil was out of sight, did you return to the chaos unfolding before you.

"Phil?" A young, broken voice cried out. Tommy was gazing up into the sky after his father and brother, who were gone.

It occurred to you then. Tommy had seen everything happen.