09

You have chosen: Choice B

Final Votes
11 votes for Choice A
56 votes for Choice B

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

You step away from Dream, dropping your gaze from his, "I'm sorry, Clay," You mumble, "I can't fight with you."

Your answer made both of the boys pause; taken aback. That was not the answer that they'd been hoping for.

"But...but, (Y/N)," George started, tilting his head in confusion. He seemed much less threatening towards you, now, "Why not? Don't you remember us? Don't you trust us?"

You frowned, looking up at the two, "Remember you, yes. Trust you...no. Not yet, at least."

Dream scoffed, crossing his arms, "This is because of the traitors, isn't it. You don't want to hurt them?"

"No," You counter, taking on a defensive stance of your own. Your eyes hardened and your tone grew harsh. You were done taking any sort of shit from these boys. They didn't scare you, "This is because you kept me here against my will. You took me from my home, almost murdered my only family, tricked me into drinking some strange, new potion, and, not to mention, you're trying to take away the lives of four human beings," You rant.

Taking a moment to catch your breath, you think about the potion Eret had given you. Before either of the boys could reply, you ask, "What was in that potion, anyways?" 

As an up-and-coming apothecary, Jordan had made sure you knew every single thing about every single potion. You knew the names and effects of the brews, as well as the ingredients and aftereffects. 

This potion...you'd never seen or heard of before. What potion puts one to sleep?

Dream and George were silent for a moment; the two exchanged a wary glance. 

"We're calling it a Knockout potion until we can figure out a better name," Dream finally spoke up, awkwardly scuffing the ground with the toe of his boot, "It's sort of a mix between a slowness and a weakening potion. Puts a person right to sleep."

"Halo brewed it in the beginning of the war, just in case we'd ever need to use it," George added, looking out the window to avoid meeting your eyes.

"So...you haven't used it on anyone except for me," You narrowed your eyes at Dream, anger replacing your newfound remembrance towards the boy, "And you gave it to me without knowing the consequences?"

"Well, I mean, you're obviously completely fine," Dream responded with a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"And you wonder why I don't want to fight with you."

"(Y/N), come on, now—"

"Don't you start with me, Dream," You snapped, pointing a finger in his face. 

For a split second, you wondered why you hadn't been calling him Clay. That was the name you remembered him by...that was the name of your best friend.

Dream was the name of your enemy.

And, right now, that was what you saw him as: your enemy.

The soft light of dawn cast shadows on your old friend's features, and you could see the hurt in his expression.

You believed your expression mirrored that hurt.

Before either of you could say anything, Sapnap burst through the door, "Clay!" He exclaimed. You'd never heard Sapnap call Dream by his real name, but you assumed he was too caught up in whatever news he had brought to remember you were in there.