10

You have chosen: Choice 2a

Final Votes:
6 votes for Choice 1a
60 votes for Choice 2a
11 votes for Choice 1b
24 votes for Choice 2b

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

"No, Tommy."

Your voice surprised the three men standing around you as much as it surprised yourself.

But there was no going back now.

Ignoring the almost certain glare that Dream was sending your way, you stepped closer to Tommy, resting a hand on his shoulder. His bright blue eyes shone with barely concealed tears, the glint of mischief you'd first seen in them had dimmed significantly.

"Tommy, I believe in you. I believe that you are a passionate, ferocious fighter who would do anything for his country. But I refuse to let you risk throwing away your life again for your freedom," You say, your thoughts flashing back to how you'd found Tommy and his friends laying half-dead on the floor of the final room, "You've already lost so much."

Tommy sucked in a deep breath, trying to compose himself as best as he could before speaking. He pursed his lips, blinking rapidly to keep the dam behind his eyes from breaking. He mustered up the strongest smile he could, nodding at you, "Thank you," He mumbled, throwing his arms around you in a hug.

He had no idea why you had decided to put your own life on the line. And every bone in his body was begging for him to shut down your decision; to do everything in his power to keep you from throwing away your own life. You meant too much to him. To everyone in L'manburg.

It was hard to belive you all had only met just over a week ago.

Tommy couldn't bring himself to say no to you, which made you slightly relieved. You truly wanted to do this; you wanted to take on Dream for these boys' freedom. You felt that you owed it to them.

You returned Tommy's hug, holding onto him as tightly as you could. Once you had parted, you turned to Wilbur, who's lips were downturned in a frown.

"(Y/N), I still don't agree with this," He crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at Dream, "I'd rather this war ended with as little bloodshed as possible. But that doesn't seem likely. Especially when we're at war with this tyrant," Wilbur huffed.

You offered Wilbur a half-smile, glancing over your shoulder at Dream, who looked just as unhappy, "Please, let me do this. I'll be okay, I promise."

You needed to stop promising things you weren't sure you could keep.

Wilbur stepped forward and drew you into his arms, resting his chin on your head so you couldn't see the dirty look he sent Dream's way.

"You can't promise me that, (Y/N)," He mumbled, pressing a kiss to the top of your head, "Just... tell me you won't throw away your shot. Please."

You frowned, resting your cheek against Wilbur's chest. You only nodded, unsure if that was something you could promise, either.

"(Y/N)," A cold voice cut through the air like a knife, severing the moment the two of you were sharing, "It's time to go."

You clenched your jaw, but pulled away from Wilbur, albeit reluctantly, "I'll see you later, alright?"

Wilbur nodded, offering you a sad smile, "See you later, (Y/N)."

You turned away, not meeting Dream's unsettling mask. The two of you walked back to the base in silence, George and Sapnap following behind.

They were speaking in hushed whispers, but neither of you could make out what they were saying.