17

You have chosen: Choice B

Final Votes:
123 votes for Choice A
165 votes for Choice B

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

You stood still, watching as the bubbles of your friends made their way out of L'Manburg's walls and on to who-knows-where.

You just hoped they stayed safe.

You tuned back into the conversation of your new president, who was laughing with Quackity.

"That...that was too easy!" He shouted into the microphone, silencing the crowd below.

Jordan slipped his hand into yours in an effort to comfort you. You squeezed his hand, thanking him.

Tubbo was standing on Schlatt's right, looking extremely pale. And you couldn't blame him. His best friends had just been exiled from their home. He was alone.

The two of you made eye contact, and your heart broke at the pain in his eyes.

Tubbo's blue eyes were full of tears that he was doing his absolute best to hold back.

Schlatt and Quackity were speaking together about something. Quackity's boisterous cackle cut through the air, pulling your attention back to your new president.

Whose attention was, once again, on you.

"(Y/N)...so glad to see you stayed with us," Schlatt offered you a maniacal grin, "Until further notice, Wilbur Soot and Tommy Innit are merely a memory of L'Manburg. A relic of the past. A reminder," Schlatt shouted into the microphone, "Of the darkest era this country has ever seen. And I guarantee you all, dear citizens...Tonight, that changes. We are entering into a new period of L'Manburg. A period of prosperity, strength, and unity!"

"Tubbo?" Schlatt turned to the small boy beside him, "You're my Secretary of State."

You sucked in a breath.

"Wait- what? Am...okay...wait am I?" Tubbo stuttered, sounding just as surprised as you felt.

"Well...yeah, I don't know. I mean, that's what you've always been, right?"

"Well, yeah...that's, yeah...I mean, I didn't know I got to keep—"

"Well, I'm not gonna fire you!" Schlatt laughed, clapping Tubbo on the back perhaps a bit too hard. Tubbo winced, "I mean, you're Tubbo! What- am I really gonna fire Tubbo?"

Quackity leaned towards Schlatt, but his voice was still picked up by the microphone, "I don't think he wants the job, Schlatt..."

Tubbo straightened, stiffened. "No! No...I do want the job, I do."

The crowd fell silent.

"Tubbo, come on..." Eret's deep voice sounded, and yours joined in soon after.

"Tubbo, you want the job? How...why?"

Tubbo's eyes met yours for a fraction of a second before flitting away. He looked extremely guilty.

"Oh, he wants the job," Schlatt smirked, tightening his grip on Tubbo's shoulder.

Tubbo wrings his hands nervously.

"Oh...I love this guy!" Schlatt grins, "My very own Tubbo! As my Secretary of State...as my right-hand man...I need you to do something for me, Tubbo."

"What, Mr. President?" Tubbo asked nervously.

Schlatt bent down to Tubbo's height, his tone dropping menacingly, "I need you to find Tommy. And I need you to show him the door."