16

You have chosen: Choice A

Final Votes:
186 votes for Choice A
31 votes for Choice B

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

"I miss you, (Y/N)," Clay spoke softly, his emerald green eyes seeming to stare into your soul, able to see every emotion you were feeling at that exact moment.

"Clay...I..." It was too much.

For the first time in weeks, you began to cry.

Clay panicked, kneeling in front of your chair. You buried your face in your hands, embarrassed that you were breaking down like this in front of him.

"(Y/N)? W-what's wrong? Was it something I said?" Clay asked, trying to gently move your hands so he could see your face. Why were you crying?

"I-I'm sorry," You hiccuped, shaking your head, "There's just...so much has happened, and I..." You were unable to finish the sentence, letting out another sob.

Clay was doing his best to comfort you; mumbling comforting words and trying to wipe away your flowing tears. His eyes were full of compassion and his brows were creased with worry. He had just wanted to help you. He hadn't meant to make you cry.

And it wasn't his fault. You knew that. It was everything that had happened over the past three weeks.

Your quiet, happy life with Jordan was uprooted, all because of a skeleton's arrow.

Your life had been saved by a group of ragtag rebels.

You had begun to regain memories, of which you first thought were dreams, but soon came to the conclusion that they weren't.

You'd seen your best friend bloody and beaten to a pulp by your enemies. You'd then been taken hostage by Dream and threatened to have to fight against your newfound friends.

You watched as Dream and his friends almost murdered yours, but managed to save them in the nick of time.

The land you were fighting for was partially blown up, and you were kidnapped again.

You'd finally learned the truth about Dream. About Clay.

And then you'd refused to shoot him, when it came down to it.

All this had been in the first two weeks. Then, L'Manburg had gained independence. It had been foolish of you to think that you would finally get a break from the mental and physical strain.

And then Technoblade had shown up with Schlatt and Quackity.

You'd learned about your brother, talked with him, and was saved by him, all in the span of five days.

It was safe to say, too much was happening way too fast (like 2020). And you hadn't been able to catch a break.

"I can't, Clay." You whispered, your (E/C) eyes meeting Clay's green ones through a wave of tears. "I can't take any more secrets, any more surprises. I'm....I'm so tired."

Clay nodded slowly, brushing strands of hair that were stuck to your tear-stained cheeks behind your ear, "I know. You've had a lot of shit thrown onto you these past few weeks. And you've stayed so strong. Honestly, I don't know how you haven't broken down until just now,"

You nodded in agreement, sniffling.

"But I don't think this is the end," Clay added cautiously, "If what you've said about Schlatt and Quackity and George is true...I think we're far from it," He finished, breaking eye contact with you for a moment.